• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Plane crash in Winston-Salem by campus, off Robinhood Road

I was on Kearns just after the crash. It is near the Pres' house.

Was flying into Greensboro, experienced engine troubles, and diverted to Smith Reynolds. It crashed before being able to land.

2 things. First, if they hadn't said anything about people dying I would have assumed from the pictures that this was some sort of remote controlled aircraft. Second, I'd like to personally thank Keith Stone for taking this tragic opportunity to publicly congratulate his friend Dana Triplett for wearing his best Hollister henley and getting his face plastered on the W-S Journal news site. Also for making cheap beer sold in 30 packs.

34ypgtg.png

Also gonna toss out a "fuck you" to whoever gave the go-ahead for captchas to start playing a fucking commercial for you in order to get the code.

I was there yesterday, very sad. Probably missed Hatch's house by 50 yards. Too bad the plan couldn't make it a little further, you know the field at Reynolda House was once used as a landing strip.

Dang. We literally pass the guy's eye clinic on the way to and from my future father-in-law's place.

Turns out it was the mother and step-father of a friend of mine from high school. Brutal.

They were flying a high performance "kit" plane, that was most likely built by the couple. LancAir's have a reputation for being dangerous, and unreliable. I am very sad to hear this happened.

Back