• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PLEASE CURRIE!!!!

I tend to agree with Catamount here. If you're tied for last, you're not DFL.

While we're nitpicking, *you're...

Reality is we are going to get our socks blown off on the road for the next 2, lose to UNC @ home and then lose to miami on the road as we can't win on road and then we will have last place nice and packaged up for Danny to ride out into the sunset. So no need to worry on semantics of DFL.

Reality is we are going to get our socks blown off on the road for the next 2, lose to UNC @ home and then lose to miami on the road as we can't win on road and then we will have last place nice and packaged up for Danny to ride out into the sunset. So no need to worry on semantics of DFL.

I wouldn't be so sure about losing to UNC

It was there last spring but not the commitment.

Meaning what exactly... the donors were ready to fund it but the AD was not? Or do you mean the commitment of the donors was not there? Because if their commitment wasn't there, then neither was their money.

Inside the slow death of Wake Forest basketball: A motorcycle, silence and stubborn hope

"Prosser’s death feels like a turning point but, more than 12 years later, there have been many moments, large and small, that have led Wake Forest into the abyss. Few of them seem as significant as Wellman’s decision to fire Dino Gaudio, who’d been one of Prosser’s assistants, and replace him with Jeff [Redacted], who became a punchline, known for his quirky way of explaining defeat, by the end of his four-year tenure."

"Hell, have we won as many games as we’d like?” Manning asked the day after his team’s overtime defeat against Virginia. “No. But we also understand that in the big picture of life, everything’s not going to go your way every day.”

"Hell, have we won as many games as we’d like?” Manning asked the day after his team’s overtime defeat against Virginia. “No. But we also understand that in the big picture of life, everything’s not going to go your way every day.”

LOL get this man out of here ASAP.

He said “I have blinders on,” in response to a question about how he handles the inevitable speculation surrounding his own future.

“The outside noise doesn’t bother me,” Manning said, though nowadays at Joel Coliseum it’s sometimes the absence of noise that’s most noticeable.

This will forever be Ron's legacy. The murdering of Wake Forest basketball.

Hopefully good news that Currie declined to be interviewed, however I thought the same last year when Wellman had not come forward publicly expressing support for Manning.

Hopefully good news that Currie declined to be interviewed, however I thought the same last year when Wellman had not come forward publicly expressing support for Manning.

Yeah, but that should have been expected of Wellman because he's a huge doucher. Jury is still out on Currie at the moment.

It's not about winning. It's not about money. It's not about the fans. It's not about culture. It's not about the players.

It is about saving face for some relatively powerful people.

We have nine games left. It is not unthinkable that we get four or five wins against some weaker teams. If that happens, especially anything that could be considered a "good" win, I think he will be back.

Only DFL secures the end of the DM era, IMO. Or a massive change in leadership, beyond Currie.

I can't see winning any of the next 3 (Cards, Cuse, Holes). After that it's at Miami and home to GT and Duke. Then close with ND home at Holes and Pack on road. Miami, GT, and ND are only games I see Danny winning. Does 13-17 get him another year? I sure hope not but wouldn't bet against it.

Also I get that the Holes suck but they have been playing better and gave FSU a good run the other night. Maybe we beat them in Dash, but I can't see it.

Two road wins in a season, have we done that in the last 10 years. That would leave GT, who seems to be playing relatively well, and ND. If we showed any consistency I'd think we could win a few more, but so far we only play well in stretches and one player plays well and the rest disappear.

It's not about winning. It's not about money. It's not about the fans. It's not about culture. It's not about the players.

It is about saving face for some relatively powerful people.

We have nine games left. It is not unthinkable that we get four or five wins against some weaker teams. If that happens, especially anything that could be considered a "good" win, I think he will be back.

Only DFL secures the end of the DM era, IMO. Or a massive change in leadership, beyond Currie.

Nothing secures the end of DM. We can only hope Currie is smarter than his mentor.

Back