• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

poisoned well

The well has officially been poisoned. Our fans were so upset about Buzz that we ran off the greatest football coach in school history. Brilliant. What up and coming young coach won't jump at the chance to come to a school with 20,000 rabid butts in the seats and a fan base demanding annual bowl games and occasional runs to ACC titles. Very realistic expectations. Prepare for more disappointment my friends. Especially since these same fans think we have the worst AD in the country yet we trust him to hire the next football coach.

Spot on Dillon.

Kicker? Punter? Whoop de fucking do. Unless you are Sam Swank or Ryan Plackemeier you sure as hell didn't play very well. And clearly then you didn't get into wake based on IQ.

Keep flailing around, Suzie. You haven't been right on one thing today, and now is no different.

I don't remember Dillon Fence being such a tool. Did somebody take his user name?

Kiss of death...

No comprende? So my agreement with Dillon that the constant spewing of venom might come back to haunt us is the kiss of death for Dillon? So this is good news for Wake football? So Racer made a positive post?!

Scholly or Walk-on, numb nuts? Scholly means you are a dumbass, walk on means glorified towel boy. Let me pull out the wake record books to see if I can figure out who you are.

Thanks for making me laugh mr wake FB. You've brought joy into my life on a dark day for wake athletics.

And if you think that the fans poisoned the well you can only imagine how Grobe would have been treated for similar results at Arkansas.

It's not the fans that poison the well, it's the LACK of fans. LOWF doesn't have the fan or alumni base to build a big time football program. There's more to it than having the money to attract a coach. If that was all it took we would have been more successful with Grobe.

Did the fans or alumni install the ill-fated option offense?

Scholly or Walk-on, numb nuts? Scholly means you are a dumbass, walk on means glorified towel boy. Let me pull out the wake record books to see if I can figure out who you are.

Loves the multi-million dollar coach. Hates the 18-22 yo kids who work their asses off to get on the field. That's a good look.

Let's just agree Grobe did a great job, but change could be good. Let's just hope we get a great successor. I'd like to see a wide open offense. Fun and may help recruiting.

Loves the multi-million dollar coach. Hates the 18-22 yo kids who work their asses off to get on the field. That's a good look.

Just the one who played the "I PLAYED" card, a term I use loosely. Tons of respect for the players on our team, for the record.

I do agree the basketball situation we are in added to the frustration with football.

I hate to admit it but I was on the wrong side of an argument 5 or 6 years ago with two-time "Wrong About Everything" winner UNCBiz where he argued many of us were wrong to be so quick to label Grobe coach for life. It was time for Grobe to move on and for us to inject some new life and energy in the program. We need to make a good hire.

Let's just agree Grobe did a great job, but change could be good. Let's just hope we get a great successor. I'd like to see a wide open offense. Fun and may help recruiting.

That seems to be the consensus of all but Dillon Dense.

So much hope and optimism on the boards except for Dillon Fence who should be focusing on his team's upcoming championship game instead of trolling our boards.

Back