• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Wake Forest Coaching Candidates Analysis

Would certainly be the first .500 team to make it as an at large. Don't think they want to set that precedent

Would certainly be the first .500 team to make it as an at large. Don't think they want to set that precedent

I'm not positive but didn't the 15-15 UGA team get in because they had the #1 SOS in the country?

ETA- actually they were 16-14 then lost in the 1st round of the NCAA's.

Last edited:
But they will likely compete in the not regardless.

Shake and oats should be busy for the next year. This coming week Currie will likely fire manning as I think it is considered uncouth to fire a guy during the acc tourney, and then talk to Matta and gauge his health and interest. Reach out to oats' agent that you want to talk when his season is over.

Shake is already done. The mutual interest and hurdles, those variables are known.

But they will likely compete in the not regardless.

Shake and oats should be busy for the next year. This coming week Currie will likely fire manning as I think it is considered uncouth to fire a guy during the acc tourney, and then talk to Matta and gauge his health and interest. Reach out to oats' agent that you want to talk when his season is over.

Shake is already done. The mutual interest and hurdles, those variables are known.

that should fall on Wellman's shoulders, but we'll see.

I'm not positive but didn't the 15-15 UGA team get in because they had the #1 SOS in the country?

ETA- actually they were 16-14 then lost in the 1st round of the NCAA's.

Almost positive they won the SEC tournament that year.

Of course I will. Plenty of us have used P5 for hoops because the Big East is still a step down from the P5.

Of course I will. Plenty of us have used P5 for hoops because the Big East is still a step down from the P5.

Not from the godawful Pac 12. This is the 5th straight year that the Big East has had a higher rating than the Pac 12. The Pac 12 has been so weak in basketball and football that everyone might want to start referring to the top conferences as the Power 4.

This is a bad take. Better than the Pac12 for sure and on par with the SEC. PAC 12 has two great programs...Az and UCLA. And other than Kentucky, Arkansas, Florida, and maybe LSU, what are the great programs historically, or even recently, in the SEC? In the Big East, from the historic perspective, you have Villanova, Georgetown, Marquette, and St. John's. Add recent successes like Butler and Xavier. Plus teams that are basketball schools that have made Final Fours in the past...like Providence, DePaul, and Seton Hall. Nova did win a couple national championships recently, right?

I don't know who I would want less between Kelsey or Odom but I do know they're both at the bottom of any reasonable names listed on here.

Last edited:
I'm hoping for Oats or Shaka. I'm not as hard on for Matta as most here.

Beyond that, based on the realistic names tossed around here I would go:

Miller

Kelsey
Odom

I still really like the take that Matta coming to Wake would be the one immediate change we could make that would be the most concerning to K/Roy/Bennet/Boeheim.

Right now I’m at:
Matta
Oats/Shaka
Miller

Kelsey
Odom

Of course, watch us not fire Manning and none of this matters because nothing matters.

Back