• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Predict the day of Bz's Firing / Resignation

What day will Bz be fired / resign?

• Tuesday March 11

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wednesday March 12

• Thursday March 13

Votes: 41 31.1%
  • Friday March 14

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Saturday March 15

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Sunday March 16

• Monday March 17

Votes: 67 50.8%
  • At a later date. Post- March 17, 2014

Votes: 18 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hoping for Wednesday resignation at roughly 3:15pm.

My pick will be Thursday afternoon... no press conference... just leaks in the morning and confirmation from Wellman sometime during the day.

Next Monday or Tuesday probably makes the most sense, but I can't wait that long.

Only way it happens before next Monday is if they just put out a press release and don't call a presser, since Wellman will be in Indy.

Of course, that's entirely possible, given how loathe Wellman has been to admit his mistake

Monday most likely. Thursday next most. Outside chance it happens on Friday at like 4pm in order to try and bury it.

Assuming we lose Wed or even Thurs (which seems like a very safe assumption), I would expect Bz to be let go within 24 hours after the loss. Doubt that Wellman will leave Bz in limbo for days if a firing is inevitable.

RW will concentrate on his NCAA duties through Sunday, with others in the AD running point on the coaching search until Ron has his head back in the game. New coach could be named at any point within the following month.

Are you saying he isn't at Krzyzewski's coach-for-life status yet?

Don't see Bzz getting terminated until RW returns back from the Selection Committee duties- look for it to happen on 3/18. Tuesdays just got even tougher for Bzz!

if he remains for another year, i would have to congratulate wellman on an EPIC trolling.

i don't want Bz to stay, don't misunderstand, but the collective outrage would be something to see.

if he remains for another year, i would have to congratulate wellman on an EPIC trolling.

i don't want Bz to stay, don't misunderstand, but the collective outrage would be something to see.

This would be Moonz for a few days:

This board officially launched on March 17, 2011. Him being fired on the 17th would be the most glorious of birthdays for OGB!

In this case, a Friday resignation wouldn't be burying the story. The ACC press will all be in Greensboro ready to cover it.

This board officially launched on March 17, 2011. Him being fired on the 17th would be the most glorious of birthdays for OGB!

And another excuse to get hammered next Monday.

It will suck to wait until next Thursday, but if they can him next Thursday morning, it would be great to take a half day and get liquored up while watching the start of the NCAA Tournament.

Don't buy the 4pm on Friday "burying bad news" theory when it comes to this. This upcoming weekend will have tons of people watching college basketball. At the very least, it gets tons of views on the bottom line. More than likely, it gets mentioned every time a college coach is said to be on the hot seat.

In this case, a Friday resignation wouldn't be burying the story. The ACC press will all be in Greensboro ready to cover it.

Perhaps, but the Friday night QF games would probably have the story minimized.

I still think it will be announced a week from today.

I'm hoping for an early weekend celebration on Friday, but I'm thinking that Monday might definitely be more realistic.

I'm hoping for an early weekend celebration on Friday, but I'm thinking that Monday might definitely be more realistic.

It will be Tuesday. Wellman will have duties in Indy on Monday answering media inquires about the selection committee's work, then back in Winston late Monday to formalize the firing (or resignation) the next day.

Back