• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Preseason basketball mags

kennylogginsfan

Reaction score
I was in the grocery store today and they had The Sporting News preseason college basketball magazine. No surprise that they had UNC first and Duke 2nd in the ACC. The Deacs are picked 11th and Boston College is last. I did notice that the magazine must have gone to print before JTT left Wake as he is listed on the Deacs roster.
The magazines Final 4 is UNC, UConn, Ohio State and Kentucky.

Those magazines are a joke. I don't know why anyone other than Duke and UNC fans would buy those rags.

I agree. The only one that was worthwhile was the ACC Basketball Handbook. I haven't bought any preseason mags since it stopped publishing.

Sounds about right. If they'd known about JTT leaving I wonder if they'd have us last and BC 11th.

BC's non freshmen next year:
Danny Rubin - 4.4 PPG, 0.6 APG, 1.7 RPG, 16.8 MPG in 10/11
Gabriel Moton - 2.5 PPG, 0.9 APG, 1.3 RPG, 14.8 MPG in 10/11
Matt Humphrey - 5.4 PPG, 0.6 APG, 2.5 RPG, 16.2 MPG in 09/10 for Oregon
Deirunas Visockas - 3.1 PPG, 0.5 APG, 1.1 RPG, 12.5 MPG in 08/09 for LA Lafayette

Their recruiting class:
dll4sg.jpg

With or without JTT we should be ahead of BC.

I was in the grocery store today and they had The Sporting News preseason college basketball magazine. No surprise that they had UNC first and Duke 2nd in the ACC. The Deacs are picked 11th and Boston College is last. I did notice that the magazine must have gone to print before JTT left Wake as he is listed on the Deacs roster.
The magazines Final 4 is UNC, UConn, Ohio State and Kentucky.

spoiler alert!

BC's non freshmen next year:
Danny Rubin - 4.4 PPG, 0.6 APG, 1.7 RPG, 16.8 MPG in 10/11
Gabriel Moton - 2.5 PPG, 0.9 APG, 1.3 RPG, 14.8 MPG in 10/11
Matt Humphrey - 5.4 PPG, 0.6 APG, 2.5 RPG, 16.2 MPG in 09/10 for Oregon
Deirunas Visockas - 3.1 PPG, 0.5 APG, 1.1 RPG, 12.5 MPG in 08/09 for LA Lafayette

Their recruiting class:
dll4sg.jpg

With or without JTT we should be ahead of BC.

Of those BC guys, only Anderson, sweet shooting faceup 4, really strikes me as a guy who can make an impact from the start. That being said, somebody has to step up and I am sure all of those guys are better than what coach to work with at Cornell...

Wow, four kids from California and one from Colorado. They really went a long way to find kids.

Back