• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICAL 2015/16 Premier League - Leicester CHAMPS. Best Sports Story Ever

Disappointing game for Firmino, he never got into it. Coutinho has been similarly lacking. Sevilla looking dangerous and comfortable.

Now 3. Damn. What a second half for Sevilla, total collapse by Liverpool.

Should have scored more in the first then got absolutely blitzed in the second. Sevilla was untouchable for 30 minutes.

Mignolet and Moreno both terrible tonight, too, especially on that last goal. All Mignolet needs to do is to make himself big and he falls away. Sevilla really good in the second half, but definitely a kick in the balls.

That is amazing by Sevilla, though, Monchi is a genius, Emery a great fit. Third straight Europa cup. They were really good, Liverpool were on top for 20 or so minutes at the end of the first half and couldn't capitalize enough, but other than that that the first half was pretty equal, I thought, no one got a hold on it. Sevilla cut them open in the second half, Liverpool wasn't even close.

ETA -- This is Klopp's fifth straight loss in a final, though I think most of those were decent performances. They struggled today and I think he should have changed things sooner and maybe with Henderson, who has to be really disappointed not get on. Milner kind of lost it there in the 2nd, but so did most of the rest of the team.

Last edited:
I guess I just had the overside rule wrong in my head. I thought it could take a slight deflection off a defender and the recipient could still be off.

Looks to me that Sevilla handled the game more than Liverpool.

No doubt -- they didn't let a frantic, nervy first half for both teams get to them, and then just exploded the 2nd half while also showing good composure. It was great stuff, really. Liverpool looked kind of nervous in the first half as well, though more dangerous and could have had a penalty, but buckled the second they got the goal and Sevilla didn't give them a chance to steady themselves. Gameiro, Coke and Banega were excellent. I thought their right back was great, too.

Last edited:
Rory Smith of the Times just floated the idea of Emery to Everton, said in a tweet that Emery would be interested in talking. Not sure how he knows, but that would be a great hire.

No doubt -- they didn't let a frantic, nervy first half for both teams get to them, and then just exploded the 2nd half while also showing good composure. It was great stuff, really. Liverpool looked kind of nervous in the first half as well, though more dangerous and could have had a penalty, but buckled the second they got the goal and Sevilla didn't give them a chance to steady themselves. Gameiro, Coke and Banega were excellent. I thought their right back was great, too.

You might be too stoned for the joke.

Okay, watched the match and had to play the bass for a bit to calm down. It was that or the saddest nap and I was too angry to sleep.

The penalty decisions. Okay.

The first one was either a foul, a handball, or both. There's no way in Hades that it was a no call.

The Moreno end-line one should have been a corner. It wasn't enough for me to be a penalty. He didn't even see it and his arms were not that unnatural for the situation.

The third, however, is as easy as it will ever get. When you hold your fingertips one millimeter from the ground in the space beside your legs, that is NOT a natural position. You have gained an advantage. It's a penalty.

Now to the players: on Sevilla, Banega was legit, Graneiro was lovely, Ferreira showed how bad Moreno is.

Now to Liverpool.

Mignolet sucks. There were so many times I felt bad for the CB's as they screamed for him to come out and take the ball. He seems incapable of leaving his line. He gone.

Moreno was pathetic. Passing was horrible, got abused over and over. Not good enough. Replace.

Toure and Lovren did enough. Kolo gets a lot of stick from me, but he was downright heroic over and over. Still a need.

Clyne was great. Created, defended well, got stuck in.

Can, Milner both tried so hard and couldn't make it happen.

Coutinho was a non-entity.

Lallana was pretty solid if not spectacular. Squad player.

Firminho tried so hard. Just wasn't happening.

Sturridge scored a sexy goal. No denying that. However, I see why Klopp isn't enamored with him. In the second half, a long ball that he could have caught up with was taken from him because the Sevilla defender hustled and passed him like he was standing still. No guts.

Allen wasn't going to change that game.

Origi was brought on too late.

Benteke illustrated again why HE GONE.

That is all.

Sevilla's ownership of the EL -- three straight, 5 in the past 10 years -- has to be the weirdest thing in the wide world of sports

Back