• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League

GOAL! Nice build up play with Zlatan eventually playing a smart ball out to Valencia on the wing. His low cross finds Rashford, who hits it first time...saved by Mkhi first to the rebound and slots home from a yard out being the quickest to react. 1-0!

Lalas is so terrible at being a color commentator. Doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about ever. Just speaks in cliches and platitudes.

Lalas is so terrible at being a color commentator. Doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about ever. Just speaks in cliches and platitudes.

Stuart Holden is somehow worse.

Last year Liverpool's Europa road was Augsburg --> Manchester United --> Borussia Dortmund --> Villarreal --> Sevilla. That quality does not exist this year.

1st shot on target for Anderlecht in the 87th minute. Goal 1-1

Fellaini lost his man and Darmian couldn't cover in time as it was headed past Romero

Fellaini again proving his is fucking trash.

Liverpool's path was harder last year than United's has been this year. No argument.

It's not like a bunch of good teams got knocked out early either. I guess the big difference this year is that the CL groups top two were basically chalk across the board.

It's not like a bunch of good teams got knocked out early either. I guess the big difference this year is that the CL groups top two were basically chalk across the board.

I don't know if it's that, or it was all the big names played each other early on in the draw (Villareal v. Roma, Fiorentina v. Mönchengladbach in the round of 32, then Schalke v. Mönchengladbach, Lyon v. Roma and Ajax v. Kopenhagen in the round of 16) and all the small names seemed to match up with each other.

Had the draw fallen another way (and Spurs not absolutely faceplanted) you could have had a final 8 of Manchester United, Villareal, Roma, Fiorentina, Schalke, Mönchengladbach, Lyon and Tottenham. But the draw didn't work out that way at all, I'm sure to the chagrin of the TV executives paying €€€€ for the rights fees.

£300,000 a week for Sanchez. Good Lord
That's still less than $20m per year. Soccer players really don't make a ton of salary compared to US athletes. That Sanchez contract would make him about the 30th best paid NBA player, in the Paul Millsap / Ryan Anderson territory.

The super rich ones make most of their income from sponsors and appearance fees, etc.

That's still less than $20m per year. Soccer players really don't make a ton of salary compared to US athletes. That Sanchez contract would make him about the 30th best paid NBA player, in the Paul Millsap / Ryan Anderson territory.

The super rich ones make most of their income from sponsors and appearance fees, etc.

Oh I get it, it's just a hell of a lot of cash - of course, there are FAR more spots for top league footballers than there are NBA players, so the pool of money available is astonishing. If he moves on from Arsenal, he'll also get a share of the transfer fee, something NBA players don't receive.

Mata out the rest of the season following a surgery on his groin. Balls.

It's Bournemouth at home but Spurs look absolutely terrifying today.

I'm still used to us being stymied and leaving with awful nil-nil draws from these matches.

Kane hits for 20 for the third season in a row.

Shearer, Henry, van Nistelrooy, Kane.

He's 23 years old.

Back