• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League

He's going to suck all season. The track record of 34 year old strikers who don't run much in the premier league is very ungood. He's going to be a fucking stationary statue, get benched and then be a huge distraction on the bench. It's going to be amazing.

Ibra looks *unsurprisingly* old and slow. He's been very, very poor since the first few matches and I just don't see how it gets better. He hasn't been a player that moves around a lot for a number of years, but he's even more statuesque than ever. I have no idea why Mourinho passed on that signing, he's going to be a massive dressing room disturbance when he has to be dropped (and he should already have been) ... much moreso than Rooney.

The thing with United right now is that for the money spent, they still have so fucking many average players. If Ibra is old and just another generic striker, Pogba isn't doing anything and Mkhitaryin is unsettled, then they just have a few young talents (Martial, Rashford, Bailly), a world class goalkeeper (DDG) and a whole bunch of dudes that could be on any mid table PL side and nobody would notice.

United's squad isn't good enough to contend for a CL spot if Ibra, Pogba and at least somebody else aren't playing at a very high level. Right now that isn't happening, and the rest of the squad simply isn't good enough.

11 goals in all comps through November for Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Spurs top scorers?

Kane - 5
Son - 4
Alli - 3

Nobody else more than 1.

I blame TOBY.

One of the many things you have to appreciate about DV7 is that when it comes to United, best watch what you say because he never forgets.:golfclap:

Zlatan's peripherals had been pretty good all year, he has been due. This is just Premier League, I believe, a month ago after 10 games (?).

vad says he sucks and that Toby is Rio and Terry combined into one. No chance vad is wrong here.

Back this weekend, we hope!

#getwelltoby

59206226.jpg

this is almost as exciting as the potentially imminent return of #toby

this is almost as exciting as the potentially imminent return of #toby

Hate to sound dumb, but does it really matter? If Harry goes out next year and puts 30 in the back of the net, and Madrid decide they want him, does a contract really make any difference?

Hate to sound dumb, but does it really matter? If Harry goes out next year and puts 30 in the back of the net, and Madrid decide they want him, does a contract really make any difference?

It means that Tottenham can get more money for him. Players sign big contract extensions right before leaving all the time. Not saying that is going to happen here but yeah.

It means that Tottenham can get more money for him. Players sign big contract extensions right before leaving all the time. Not saying that is going to happen here but yeah.

Tottenham will get more money for him for a season like that regardless, no? Oh well. I guess my point was that contracts are pretty much worthless in football.

Tottenham will get more money for him for a season like that regardless, no? Oh well. I guess my point was that contracts are pretty much worthless in football.

It is the bargaining strength it gives the team. If a guy has 18 months left on his contract Madrid can come in and say "look, you think he is worth $50 mil but in 18 months we can get him for free so how about you take the $35 and don't walk away with nothing".

Vertonghen signs new deal as well. Poch suited up again. I guess that leaves Hugo as the only big fish left to sign a new contract in recent months, unless I'm missing anyone.

Townie is unimpressed.

Back