• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Psych. Mother-Daughter relationship question

Jroc25

Reaction score
Anyone pretty knowledgeable in Psychology? Specifically, I would like a breakdown of why/what are the implications of a mother that tries to be best friends w/ daughter instead of traditional mom role? Is a mom that does blow with her daughter unequivocally a terrible mother or is there some weird psych stuff going on?

I know all about women. The mom just wants to have fun and doesn't have any friends her age.

Anyone pretty knowledgeable in Psychology? Specifically, I would like a breakdown of why/what are the implications of a mother that tries to be best friends w/ daughter instead of traditional mom role? Is a mom that does blow with her daughter unequivocally a terrible mother or is there some weird psych stuff going on?

Me: I dunno, let's throw it to Lindsay Lohan for her thoughts?

LL: "slurp, slurp, slurp"

Me: We'll have to come back later when LL isn't blowing some random dude in exchange for legal services and cocaine.

Need pics to determine motivation and proper smart ass response

Hasn't worked worth a damn for my ex-wife. My daughters are 21 and 17 and they both basically laugh at her most of the time. My oldest planned a cruise for spring break this year and the ex asked her if she could go with. I'm serious.

Well, the first part of what you described is just general "permissive" parenting, as opposed to authoritative, authoritarian, or neglectful. The part about doing blow with their kid is just fucked up.

Back