• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pull a Deacon athlete's name out of your butt thread

Wilson Hoyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't he like the all time points leader in school history?

Met him years ago when his son was in my cabin at summer camp I was working at. He was obscure to me then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you remember Ronnie Taylor?

There was also a running back named Parks soon after I graduated who was really good.

The Northwest team that Scott played for won the State Championship with Carl Wyatt as coach.

I do remember Ronnie Taylor, but barely. Kenneth Parks graduated in 1968, and played college football somewhere in Texas, like East Texas or West Texas State. When NWF won the state championship in basketball, the 2A State Tournament was an 8 team tournament with all games played at RJR Gym. I was there for all the NWF games, culminating with the big championship game on Saturday night. It was great, and we thought Wyatt should have been named coach at NF, but Cartwright turned out to be a good choice too.

I do remember Ronnie Taylor, but barely. Kenneth Parks graduated in 1968, and played college football somewhere in Texas, like East Texas or West Texas State. When NWF won the state championship in basketball, the 2A State Tournament was an 8 team tournament with all games played at RJR Gym. I was there for all the NWF games, culminating with the big championship game on Saturday night. It was great, and we thought Wyatt should have been named coach at NF, but Cartwright turned out to be a good choice too.

I was there too. I thought it was so neat that NW warmed up to "Sweet Georgia Brown" and Scott did those reverse dunks.

Guy and Robert Flynt were very good athletes.

Micah Andrews. I totally forgot that he had a 254 yard game, but I remember him fumbling at homecoming.

I went to the very last Carl Tacy basketball camp when I was a kid and the Armentrout twins were there- they were probably about 12. They were the dorkiest kids I had ever seen- they kind of looked like 12 year old Art Garfunkels in gym shorts. Also, the rumor was that they didn't shower the entire week of camp. Not sure why I remember that.

If he hasn't been mentioned, Ovie Mughelli. Ovie was the baddest of all badasses

Alan Dickens (Wake bball) is the first person I thought of. Has he been mentioned?

If he hasn't been mentioned, Ovie Mughelli. Ovie was the baddest of all badasses

When he was with the Falcons, Ovie was a regular guests on one of the sports talk shows, he was really good. Very entertaining and a great football player.

Al Myatt--was the epitome of a true student who "trys out" for basketball

Willie Griffin--had local HS roots like Josh

Tony Byers--yes, he helped to resurrect the program

Back