• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pull a Deacon athlete's name out of your butt thread

Bill Armstrong. Consensus AA at safety in 1976.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

He was recruited as a QB I think.

I can't remember the game. He hit the running back into the opposing teams bench. Looked like bowling pins going down.

My baby brother tells me he got into a massive snowball fight on the quad with Avis Rogers on the other side.
He says Rogers was a god among mortals throwing snowballs

He was recruited as a QB I think.

I can't remember the game. He hit the running back into the opposing teams bench. Looked like bowling pins going down.

Remember when Bob Hope had all of the 1st team AAs come out during his Christmas special. It was cool to see a Wake guy up there.

Related: This game would be more fun if you had to "reply" to a posted athlete's name whose first name starts with the same letter as the last name of the person before them.

For example:

dv7 posts: Jackie Murdock

jhmd posts: Matthew Burdick

George Knox, the legendary Lambda Chi quarterback and the only Wake b-ball player to ever get into a fight with David Thompson.

The pride of the Annandale Atoms did help hold DT to 38 points twice but the scrap was with Monte Towe.

Karl Sweetan

He was accused of trying to sell an NFL playbook to another team; but was never proved. Elrod's hero?

Last edited:
Karl Sweetan

He was accused of trying to sell an NFL playbook to another team; but was never proved. Elrod's hero?

According to this article (which was also Sweetan's obituary) there wasn't a lack of proof. The deciding factor in the U.S. Attorney's decision not to seek an indictment was that the value of the stolen playbook was determined to be less than the $5,000 level required to make it a federal crime:

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/07/11/sports/karl-sweetan-57-quarterback-accused-in-playbook-theft.html

Mike Palma... would hit a jumper and run down court pymping his fist while the man he was suppose to guard streaked by him for an uncontested lay up

Back