• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

QB Going Forward

Depth chart made me think - who was the enormous #96 guy that we brought in on offense a handful of times?
CJ Elmonus, No. 71 on the depth chart. I'm not sure why WF changes his number for games. They brought him in as their extra OL because Zach Russell wasn't available.

i hear ya, but do you really think FSU is out there gameplanning for Mitch. then come Saturday they are going to freak out because Santino F-ing Marucci starts and they didn't prep for him?

I do not. But I'm hopeful that Clawson is using whatever small edge he can. Lord knows we'll need it.

Vandy

And I want to say MIzzou....but i feel like that's wrong and it was someplace more mountain west-y
Close.

So Austyn was Wyoming to Vanderbilt but later coached at Mizzou, while his brother KJ went Colorado St to Washington state.

Pilch gets a reaction score for being honest and not cheating.

CJ Elmonus, No. 71 on the depth chart. I'm not sure why WF changes his number for games. They brought him in as their extra OL because Zach Russell wasn't available.
I am surprised to are him moved inside. I thought he was recruited as an OT.

Depth chart made me think - who was the enormous #96 guy that we brought in on offense a handful of times?
CJ Elmonus. Changed numbers for some reason. Maybe since he was lined up at TE

ETA: Alresdy answered.

We need more of that guy - plays were positive with him in there. And he’s huge, noticeably bigger than others

I am surprised to are him moved inside. I thought he was recruited as an OT.
He was recruited as an OT, the only OL they took in the '19 class (though DeVonte Gordon greyshirted because of his HS injury).

I'm not some expert in evaluating OL play but he's never stood out as a candidate for significant snaps. Believe this is the first year he's played inside.

CJ Elmonus. Changed numbers for some reason. Maybe since he was lined up at TE
The numbers thing is weird. Usually you'll see weird numbers if there's a chance they wind up on special teams with somebody else wearing the same number, but nobody else wears 71 -- and Claude Bragg (walk-on DL) has 96, at least on the roster.

There's another lineman, can't be sure who, wearing 38 for games who is definitely not freshman safety Davaughn Patterson.

Wonder if Maalik Murphy would like to get out of Texas and not be behind current starter Quinn Ewers and golden child Manning.

Wonder if Maalik Murphy would like to get out of Texas and not be behind current starter Quinn Ewers and golden child Manning.
I watched his spring game stuff today. I figured the price would be too high.

Then him starting and winning is the fairytale that’s meant to be!

Back