• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Really Wake? Come on...

Only thing I notice was the picture of the stadium is from about 2004. IT kind of looks like a dump.

There's no dash between Gardner and Webb, that's gotta be it.

Or is supposed to say "Deamon Deacons"? Deacon Demons maybe?

It is definitely the picture. Stood out immediately.

Marketing 101
Advertising 101
Branding and Sales 101

Surely we have a pretty picture of the stadium with Deacon Tower...one would hope. :eek:

Bunch of doofuses we have in sports marketing. (My apologies to the twin).

That whole page looks circa 2000-2001. Did they layoff their web coordinator and get a student to put that together?

Bingo. LOWF

The weekend is run by Student Union--a student organization. Chill out. It's kind of amazing that they are able to program the weekend, two weeks after school has started.

WFU doesn't have an Orientation/Family Programs office like many other colleges.

The weekend is run by Student Union--a student organization. Chill out. It's kind of amazing that they are able to program the weekend, two weeks after school has started.

WFU doesn't have an Orientation/Family Programs office like many other colleges.

I seem to recall that a lot of the details of Family Weekend are planned the previous year. Pretty much after Springfest, there's not a whole lot of major event planning for SU to do - they run three big events a year from what I recall - Parents Weekend, Homecoming and Springfest. Stuff that's done when getting back to school are the finishing touches, but a lot of the major stuff is handled well in advance.

I seem to recall that a lot of the details of Family Weekend are planned the previous year. Pretty much after Springfest, there's not a whole lot of major event planning for SU to do - they run three big events a year from what I recall - Parents Weekend, Homecoming and Springfest. Stuff that's done when getting back to school are the finishing touches, but a lot of the major stuff is handled well in advance.

SU is very different now, FWIW. There are pretty much daily events.

Back