• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Refugees.

zqglass

Reaction score
My facebook feed is riddled with posts, pictures and videos about the refugee situation. I saw one article saying that Winston Salem and Greensboro have already received a few groups.
I have been really busy lately and haven't had much time to pay attention to the refugee crisis in Europe, but after doing some basic research I've seen quite a few compelling arguments for and against the welcoming of refugees.
Then i saw this unsettling video which seems like a propaganda piece. Worth a watch I think. Thoughts on this issue?

http://buzzpo.com/this-is-the-most-disturbing-muslim-refugee-video-you-will-ever-see/

crap, I forgot about the tunnels. oh well, mods feel free to delete...

hqdefault.jpg

We have a moral obligation to lend aid in this crisis, and IMO it outweighs the statistical improbability that one of the refugees might do us harm.

We have a moral obligation to lend aid in this crisis, and IMO it outweighs the statistical improbability that one of the refugees might do us harm.

This

Plus it's important to note that any Syrian refugees coming to the U.S. have gone through an extensive 18+-month process where they have been approved by the U.N. and U.S. government. It's not even close to the situation in Europe where immigrants are entering the country by force.

ISIS is not going to register one of its operatives 18-months in advance and hope he passes all the screening checks just to get him into the United States. There are far easier ways

I like all the "we are all immigrants in America" posts.

Uh, no.

Well for a large percentage of us it's true to an extent. I'm the child of a political refugee. If you go back three or four generations, I bet a substantial percentage, probably a majority, of people living in this country are descendants of immigrants

Last edited:
Not TAB, his forefathers were on the mayflower

Particularly because there's no evidence of the current refugees actually having part in any terrorism.

Seems like most Americans with a brain have come out against the jingoistic Republican governors, even major Evangelical Christian organizations

The last time we actively refused refugees half of them ended up killed in the Holocaust.

France says it's going to accept 30,000 refugees over the next two years. So maybe we can end this stupid debate?

Back