• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Remember those who served....

NorthEastDeac

Reaction score
In efforts to remember this weekend isn't about an extra day off or bbq's (although I love both), mention some names or relationships of people you know who proudly served...please include yourself so we can show respect

Dad, Larry (kia ~ Vietnam)...Kevin, jay, chauncey, don, Amy, Patrick (kia ~ Iraq), Tyler...

Thank you

James, Dwight, Vernon (kia), George (kia)- (WW2); Butch (kia--Vietnam); James, Ryan, Jonathan, Blake (officer) Iraq.

Thanks to all servicemen and women.

Stanley Mabe, Pacific Theatre WWII. Boyd Pack, Pacific Theatre WWII. Garland Pack, KIA Okinawa, WWII. Nelson Young, Korean War.

MTN WWII.

Thanks to all for your service and sacrifice.

My uncle, KIA in Vietnam before I was born. Has a stone down at LJVM.

My grandfather served in WWII. Died before I was born also.

I've always wished I could have met both. Wished this even more since my son was born.

Went to a wedding yesterday for two AFA grads who are currently serving. There were a couple nice reflections on Memorial Day and thanking the service-people in the crowd.

Last song of the reception: God Bless the USA

My grandfather (WWII), my brother (afghanistan, WIA), and my cousin...

Friends, family, and all who served, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Normally I would feel like a loser spending most of my day inside watching TV on Memorial Day (it's a first for me). When it's a Band of Brothers marathon, and makes me think of those close to me who have served and all those who gave their lives for our nation, I feel pretty damn good and proud.

My grandfather (H.C.) served in WWII and was part of the Normandy invasion on D-Day. My college roommate Brian is in Afghanistan today, and I'm hopeful he will return in the same condition he left in.

My grandfather served in WWII and my father was going to serve in Vietnam before the war ended.

I thank everybody that has served, especially those that sacrificed their lives for America.

Grandfather in WWII for an allied country. Three uncles who between them have served in every war from Vietnam to the present. Cousin recently finished his stint with the Navy. I'm grateful that all survived their time in the service.

Serious question here. Do you think that we're blurring the lines between Memorial Day, Veterans Day, and Armed Forces Day? I do.

I mean, my dad and my uncle were in the Army during Vietnam, but didn't go anywhere but Ft. Bragg and Fort Dix. IMO, and my father's opinion, Memorial Day isn't about them because they're not dead and Veterans Day isn't about them becasue they didn't actively participate in the war.

I've always been told that Memorial Day was to remember those KIA, and Veterans Day was for War Veterans. I've always lumped anyone who served into Veterans Day though, regardless of serving in time of war or peace.

Back