• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Official US Soccer / 2018 World Cup Thread (USWNT 3-1 Australia)

Pretty even first half. Colombia with the best chance but the crossing ball was deflected out by Payne. Only a handful of shots.

Rubin!

Little Hyndman wins a header in the midfield and after a deflected shot by Arriola, Rubin blasts a shot upper 90 from 12 yards out

FUCK

Acosta gets pulled into a 50/50 situation in the box and pulls the Colombian striker down

Second yellow. Red Card and PK.

STEFFEN!

Saves the PK

Last edited:

Arriola goal line clearance on the following corner

1-0 YOUNG FREEDOM in the 84th

Last edited:

BOOM! On to the quarters and Serbia on Saturday.

US youth player Marc Pelosi was released by Liverpool today. Was showing some good signs, but then broke his leg and I think had another serious injury.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc-announce-released-players-9426406

Will be interesting to see what he does next. I thought he was pretty impressive at the U-17 World Cup a few years ago. Did anyone see him play in the Toulon tournament? I'm wondering whether he was overrated as a prospect or if his release is more about his inability to develop while injured.

Will be interesting to see what he does next. I thought he was pretty impressive at the U-17 World Cup a few years ago. Did anyone see him play in the Toulon tournament? I'm wondering whether he was overrated as a prospect or if his release is more about his inability to develop while injured.

I watched him play in all of the Toulon matches. The latter is absolutely the case

I watched him play in all of the Toulon matches. The latter is absolutely the case

consensus among Liverpool fans is the release was due to injuries. better for his career to get released so he can get games (wherever he ends up)

@RobStoneONFOX: #USMNT Provisional Gold Cup roster released today on our 2ET @FOXSports1 #USAvGER pregame show. Eyebrows will be raised.

Oh FFS, this again...

So who is on it? Donovan or Adu?

Glad the US-20s won, in dramatic fashion no less, but they have lost quite a few important players. Acosta out with a red. Jamieson sent to hospital, seems doubtful he can play. Tall is out. Canouse hurt before tourney starts.

ouch.

Same CB pairing. Gross.

@ussoccer: #USAvGER XI: Guzan; Chandler, Alvarado, Brooks, Johnson; Williams, Zardes, Diskerud, Bradley; Johannsson, Agudelo http://t.co/J4doGe6ea1

Back