• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

good God

Nate Abaurrea ‏@NateWST 5m5 minutes ago
This is NOT a joke. #BrendanRodgersForUSA just started trending on Twitter. #USAMEX #Klinsmann @LFCLegacy @worldsoccertalk

My douchey Mexican-American buddy just texted me some shit smack talk in Spanish. I called him a fucking traitor. Too much?

lol

Guzan didn't have a bad night, the rest of the team (save for Cameron, Besler, Bradley and Wood, and Yedlin) did

guzan**** got left out to dry on the first goal for sure. he's just an easy target for my booze addled mind rn

Building a wall NOW, yeah, would have been the better response

if trump gets elected can he fire Jurgen and film it

only downside is that this scenario makes us wait a year. can obama appoint him to run USMNT for 15 minutes?

Fox made a wise decision to put a Mexican on the set to keep the pundits safe from piss balloons and batteries

Finally it takes a Mexican reporter to ask JK about his job security

lol

Guzan didn't have a bad night, the rest of the team (save for Cameron, Besler, Bradley and Wood, and Yedlin) did

Guzan didn't stop anything that wasn't hit right at him. His punting sucks, and he doesn't have good instincts about getting off his line. The whole team was lifeless for about 75 minutes. It is apparently pretty easy to mark Dempsey and Bradley completely out of an important game. The number of unforced giveaways must be astronomical. Did we even win any 50/50 headers in the middle of the park? No. It's clear for the moment that the system doesn't fit the players. What changes should be made I don't know, but something to get our best players impactful. I"m not against Jozy, but he doesn't fit wht we're ddoing. Honestly there seem to be so few ideas in attack that it really doesn't matter who we have. We miss Don Ovan. We missed Johannsson tonite. I lked Besler and Cameron in the center, they were fine, but this always looking for Bradley, and the sloppy giveaways is so poor. FIX IT !

Guzan didn't stop anything that wasn't hit right at him. His punting sucks, and he doesn't have good instincts about getting off his line. The whole team was lifeless for about 75 minutes. It is apparently pretty easy to mark Dempsey and Bradley completely out of an important game. The number of unforced giveaways must be astronomical. Did we even win any 50/50 headers in the middle of the park? No. It's clear for the moment that the system doesn't fit the players. What changes should be made I don't know, but something to get our best players impactful. I"m not against Jozy, but he doesn't fit wht we're ddoing. Honestly there seem to be so few ideas in attack that it really doesn't matter who we have. We miss Don Ovan. We missed Johannsson tonite. I lked Besler and Cameron in the center, they were fine, but this always looking for Bradley, and the sloppy giveaways is so poor. FIX IT !
Wut

Bradley is the best player on the team.

Punting? Really?

The problem is that we shuffle the roster every damn game. You cannot expect a team to play like a team when they have no game experience together. This is the reason it takes us 75 minutes to get fucking going.

First thing I thought about when I woke up was how criminal it was to force Jones to play 120 minutes. All we did in the second half and ET was clear the ball to his flank. Any amount of pace and playmaking ability on that side could have made a huge difference.

Back