• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

This game is going to end 5v5, isn't it?

Wish GoT wasn't going to end my viewing.

Now, I'm thinking about recording GoT to watch this.

Roja a rojo.

What a damn mess this game is. Similar to last year's final. These teams cannot handle the sight of each other apparently

Is the ref making it about himself or trying to reign the game in?

I'm not sure that last red should've even been a yellow.

Yeah, this game needed a cool head from the ref. South America doesn't really seem to produce those.

May not have been the worst idea to have a CONCACAF ref do this game (if there's a good one out there)

Ed Hochuli would get the knuckleheads under control.

Yea this is a mess. Reds that shouldn't have been even yellows. Talking down players and then throwing yellows. He has made this about him.

And the players aren't going to stop with each other knowing the state of the game.

Lost in all of that was how Higuain AGAIN somehow contrived to miss a great chance in a final. Three straight years running now (and he missed a PK last year too)

Last edited:
Yeah, this game needed a cool head from the ref. South America doesn't really seem to produce those.

May not have been the worst idea to have a CONCACAF ref do this game (if there's a good one out there)

What happened to the American ref who did WC2014? Why isn't he involved in this year's Copa?

What happened to the American ref who did WC2014? Why isn't he involved in this year's Copa?

Mark Geiger? He's awful as well. He did last year's Mexico - Panama Gold Cup Final which was worse than this.

Geiger's been terrible the past ~20 months-ish, basically from the end of the WC. Huge fuckup last year in the Gold Cup when he sent off a Panamanian and gave El Tri a bogus penalty for a win and he's had a bad MLS season so far.

Well, everybody's acting somewhat like adults now, so that's a plus

I love Gary Medal

Dude looks like a guy that I would try to run at in a Sunday morning league game

Back