• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Haji Wright, too

He's been crushing it at Schalke, but I've never been convinced he was a kid whose game would translate to the next level. Always seemed like a guy that matured faster than everyone else, but once they caught up he wouldn't be that good. His game kinda reminded me of Brek Shea, which might not be a fair comparison. He certainly did well at U-17 level and is doing well so far at Schalke youth team.

Bullshit second yellow to CCV means we will play a man down the entire second half and without him in next game. This ref sucks. US 1 Saudi Arabia 0 at the half.

Bullshit second yellow to CCV means we will play a man down the entire second half and without him in next game. This ref sucks. US 1 Saudi Arabia 0 at the half.

Bullshit first yellow as well. Two very soft fouls.

Here's the camp roster ahead of the next two qualifiers (T&T at home and Mex away)

U.S. MNT Roster By Position (Club; WCQ Caps/Goals):
GOALKEEPERS (4): Brad Guzan (Atlanta United FC; 13/0), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge/BEL; 0/0), Tim Howard (Colorado Rapids; 35/0), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake; 0/0)

DEFENDERS (11): DaMarcus Beasley (Houston Dynamo; 33/6), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City; 11/1), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin/GER; 3/0), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City/ENG; 20/2), Timmy Chandler (Eintracht Frankfurt/GER; 3/0), Omar Gonzalez (Pachuca/MEX; 14/0), Matt Hedges (FC Dallas; 0/0), Tim Ream (Fulham/ENG; 4/0), Jorge Villafaña (Santos Laguna/MEX; 2/0), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United/ENG; 6/0), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City; 17/3)

MIDFIELDERS (8): Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas; 2/0), Paul Arriola (Club Tijuana/MEX; 2/1), Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union; 8/0), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC/CAN; 33/6), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Mönchengladbach/GER; 15/1), Dax McCarty (Chicago Fire; 0/0), Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers; 5/0), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund/GER; 7/3)

FORWARDS (4): Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC/CAN; 36/16), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC; 38/18), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders FC; 3/0), Bobby Wood (Hamburg/GER; 8/4)

Would it be too much to ask to see Cameron over MB4? And will Wood be healthy enough for the Wood-Jozy pairing?

Danny Williams didn't deserve to lose today. What a beast he was.

Contract is up at Reading. Hope he stays but if not hope he finds his way to a top-flight club, and starts to get some USMNT respect

Danny Williams didn't deserve to lose today. What a beast he was.

Contract is up at Reading. Hope he stays but if not hope he finds his way to a top-flight club, and starts to get some USMNT respect
Sorry about Reading, man. Missed the game as I was driving back from the lake. Word is that Danny was a monster today. I agree with your sentiments.

Would it be too much to ask to see Cameron over MB4? And will Wood be healthy enough for the Wood-Jozy pairing?

The only player on the roster that could replace MB4 is Acosta, IMO. Would definitely not want to see Cameron there

The only player on the roster that could replace MB4 is Acosta, IMO. Would definitely not want to see Cameron there

You don't like GCam as a CDM, huh? He's done a good job at Stoke against far better competition. BTW - I really, really, REALLY like Derrick Jones. He looks like a star in the making. I hope Ghana doesn't come after him.

Yep. Yep.

pridejersey2

You don't like GCam as a CDM, huh? He's done a good job at Stoke against far better competition. BTW - I really, really, REALLY like Derrick Jones. He looks like a star in the making. I hope Ghana doesn't come after him.

The last time I remember him playing CDM for us was vs. Belgium in Brazil and he was the worst player on the pitch

Back