• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Glad we have three pretty key guys who will have a long rest thanks to their suspensions. At least they'll be well rested for Venezuela.

2am kickoff is gonna be brutal. My days of late nights and all nighters are well behind me.

1 am kickoff late Saturday/early Sunday night with no GF or work responsibilities? The chances of Rage Drunk Brasky are high.

Double header vs. Venezuela on Saturday

Might have to hit the South Americans bars uptown and try to pull the treble

Siff may know some better options

Gotta be honest - Charlotte really needs to up its game in the soccer bar arena.

Hooligan's is the granddaddy, but personally I'm not a huge fan. I've heard decent things about Draught. Always wanted to watch a game at Big Ben's near the CATS station in the South End, too. Tavern on the Tracks probably would probably work, then you've got places like Taco Mac, etc... Like I said - there is a need for a quality footie bar in Charlotte, for sure.

I always end up at Selwyn since friends live right by it so i'll probably just post up by an outdoor TV there.

Gotta be honest - Charlotte really needs to up its game in the soccer bar arena.

Hooligan's is the granddaddy, but personally I'm not a huge fan. I've heard decent things about Draught. Always wanted to watch a game at Big Ben's near the CATS station in the South End, too. Tavern on the Tracks probably would probably work, then you've got places like Taco Mac, etc... Like I said - there is a need for a quality footie bar in Charlotte, for sure.

Big Ben is for Arsenal fans and we like it that way.

Back