• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Really poor afternoon from the USMNT. Aside from Guzan and Dwyer (and Rowe, despite his terrible defensive error), no one played well.

Congrats to Dwyer. He's giving tremendous effort, and showing he's worth more consideration. I had hopes for Villafana, but he's proving too slow, and poor 1 v 1 against any quality. Acosta was disappointing.

As Landon said, Acosta will have his poor performances. All good players do on occasion. I'm not concerned. I'm encouraged by his tweet, which simply said "crap performance." The mark of a leader. All good, we move on.

I missed the French Guiana - Honduras match last night, but just read Florent Malouda played for them!!?? A) That can't be legal B) I had no idea he was still playing C) They'll likely forfeit the match, but not until the tournament is over. What a mess.

Panama - Nicaragua starts soon on FS1. US - Martinique at 9PM.

Nicaragua just took the lead on an absolute blast from 23-24 yeards. Panama equals about 10 seconds later.

I missed the French Guiana - Honduras match last night, but just read Florent Malouda played for them!!?? A) That can't be legal B) I had no idea he was still playing C) They'll likely forfeit the match, but not until the tournament is over. What a mess.

Panama - Nicaragua starts soon on FS1. US - Martinique at 9PM.

They know they can’t and said they will do it again the next match. CONCACAF apparently isn’t going to stop them.

Guzan, Morrow, Hedges, Gonzalez, Lichaj, Acosta, Arriola, Zardes, Morris, Agudelo, Roldan. Not sure how that lines up but it seems pretty aggressive to me.

Back