• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

I am kinda dunzo with Clint. I still like Omar. When he is paired with a better backline, his 1 or 2 per game blunders can be smothered by Brooks/Besler/Yedlin. His set piece ability make him a necessity, for me. The backline needs Besler as he seems to be the only one who can pass with ability. Really liked Nagbe. I'd like to see him on the pitch with Pulisic and Bradley and Acosta and see who shakes out/is redundant. Like Zardes over Arriola (sp?). I think Arriola's size or lack there of hurts him - because he plays physical. It's not going to work against squads with size (read: Europe). Works okay against smaller dudes.
Gonzalez's passing is suspect at best, and Brooks is an equally good target on set pieces.

I think morris would make more impact off the bench. My issue w clint is his too cool for school attitude isn't an energy off the bench attitude. Dwyer or morris for me.

I like altidore and woods up front together. Not world class but our best option today.

We could build a 8' x 8' brick wall somewhere out on the wing for players to play passses off of and that would be better than Zardes.

I think morris would make more impact off the bench. My iaaur w clint is his too cool for school attitude isn't an energy off the bench attitude. Dwyer or morris for me.

I like altidore and woods up drpnt together. Not world class but pur best option today.

Agreed about Deuce possibly not accepting that role, but anyone has the balls to sit down and have that talk it's Bruce

Deuce might be fading but he also offers us something that no one else in the pool offers outside of Pulisic. No one else tries that turn last night that lead to the Lichaj goal. He's the only one that tries that and the only one that pulls it off.

Deuce might be fading but he also offers us something that no one else in the pool offers outside of Pulisic. No one else tries that turn last night that lead to the Lichaj goal. He's the only one that tries that and the only one that pulls it off.

Well, they might try. They just don't pull it off.

And let's not forget him weaving his way through multiple guys off a pass that was behind him and still getting it to Zardes, who was onside and scored a goal that should have been allowed.

Will Olosaunde(sp?) break into the Manchester first team this season? I'll assume no?

I am kinda dunzo with Clint. I still like Omar. When he is paired with a better backline, his 1 or 2 per game blunders can be smothered by Brooks/Besler/Yedlin. His set piece ability make him a necessity, for me. The backline needs Besler as he seems to be the only one who can pass with ability. Really liked Nagbe. I'd like to see him on the pitch with Pulisic and Bradley and Acosta and see who shakes out/is redundant. Like Zardes over Arriola (sp?). I think Arriola's size or lack there of hurts him - because he plays physical. It's not going to work against squads with size (read: Europe). Works okay against smaller dudes.

You know how I know you have no idea what you are talking about?

Who plays LB in your bolded back 4?

Didn't Besler play minutes at LB in a friendly in the last year? I'd like to see him there for 45 minutes just for fun.

That said, I wouldn't play Besler at the expense of Fabian.

I can't recall seeing Fabian and Pulisic playing on the field together much if at all. I think both Fabian and Yeltsin could really benefit. We'll see soon enough.

Back