• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

1990 win in Trinidad to make it for the first time in 40 years. Now tonight. Full circle

Official Christian Pulisic / World Cup(?) Thread (ALL THE MARBLES vs. T&T TON...

It's one thing to kneel. It's another thing to bend over.

Maybe the powers that be will finally ask the question causal fans ask every four years. How on earth can the richest nation in the world with the third largest population suck at men's soccer? #MUSMNTGA

how about the next time we land in T&T or Jamaica or wherever, instead of bitching about the quality of the pitch compared to the $1.6 billion whatever arena in the U.S., we just say, "Yeah, same pitch for both squads, we'll lace 'em up and play"

how about the next time we land in T&T or Jamaica or wherever, instead of bitching about the quality of the pitch compared to the $1.6 billion whatever arena in the U.S., we just say, "Yeah, same pitch for both squads, we'll lace 'em up and play"

Maybe they need to use some cow pasture in rural Arkansas or better yet find a field in PR flooded by Maria and use that as a practice facility.

Can you name a less inspired performance in a big game, in any sport? Bruce Arena, BTW, should never manage again for putting Omar out there. Proved himself to be a waste of space previously and cost us the game tonight (and it could have been worse).

I'm glad that we have players who can play and hang in the top levels of professional soccer now, but the work rate and determination that use to be our mantra has disappeared.

And we can't even blame the German Americans anymore.

I have been saying it forever...omar gonzalez is the worst consistent usmnt player in the history of the program...fuck that guy and the maryland horse he ran in on

Everybody but Yedlin, Brooks, Pulisic and Wood gone. Arena gone. Gulati gone. Let's get serious and admit that MLS players aren't good enough. Of course, if we're honest, we were going nowhere in Russia anyway. I can't believe Alexi Lalas was right, but he was.

Looking at the current roster I'm not sure how many of the guys are going to be on the roster in 2022.

We have got to tell Nike "NO FUCKING WAY" when they trot out those awful fucking jerseys. Is there anybody in US Soccer with half a clue about anything ?

Nothing will change...the players you name will get worse on the national side because they wont have anything to play for over the next year...super lame but could be said it felt like the natural conclusion to this cycle

Back