• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

We did advance and did draw straws. Got 2nd. NZL got 3rd.

But that sucks because now we get 1st place from Group E...which looks to be Germany who is just tearing shit up. 2 wins in 2 games, 9 goals scored and only 1 conceded. Yikes.

Then if we win that we get the winner of England/Argentina.

We did advance and did draw straws. Got 2nd. NZL got 3rd.

But that sucks because now we get 1st place from Group E...which looks to be Germany who is just tearing shit up. 2 wins in 2 games, 9 goals scored and only 1 conceded. Yikes.

Then if we win that we get the winner of England/Argentina.

The only good news is that especially in U-17 tournaments results can be beyond random, so the name value of the countries isn't as scary as it would be on the senior side. Still can't say I'm a fan of our chances though.

I stand by my earlier statement at the start of this tournament that we would lose at least 7 out of 10 against the Mexicans right now. (assuming that 5 are home and 5 are away)

I think Mexico would probably come out ahead, but I don't think they'd win that many. Probably more like 5-3-2 split if I had to guess.

Yeah, I could see a couple of draws on US soil. 5-3-2 to 7-3-0 is my revised statement, then.

is mexico taking their A team to Copa America?

No, thank God (for Chicharito, that is.) Time to give him a rest. He probably won't join up with United until the end of the USA tour, if not till August when they get back to England.

They're taking their Olympic team. I think they might be adding in the druggies too, but I haven't seen anything definite on that, just speculation from when those 5 were first removed from the Gold Cup.

And of course the Mexican U-23's have a left back from I believe the Bay Area. We apparently only lose players to other countries in our biggest positions of need.

And of course the Mexican U-23's have a left back from I believe the Bay Area. We apparently only lose players to other countries in our biggest positions of need.

QFT. Subotic and Rossi say hello.

Dos Santos playing in the Copa as well ... guess the lack of club burnout concerns with him means he can play all summer long

Since Mexico is an "invited" team to the Copa, that means that clubs don't have to release players for that tournament. If Spurs are letting Dos Santos play, it is to put him further in the shop window. Which shouldn't surprise anyone.

They're taking their Olympic team. I think they might be adding in the druggies too, but I haven't seen anything definite on that, just speculation from when those 5 were first removed from the Gold Cup.

yeah thats so fucking lame.

did he ever feature for any of our youth teams?

To be fair, we've been helped (I hope) by players like Timmy Chandler. I'd add Jermaine Jones, but, yea....

Back