• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Speaking of Barcelona youth teams, I just heard about a 14 year old kid in my town (Highland Park, IL) who scored 3 goals for US Club Soccer’s 2012 id2 National Selection Team in a 3-1 win over FC Barcelona in Spain a few months ago. Kid's name is Elijah Rice and apparently he's the top striker on the US U-14 team coached by Hugo Perez. For those of you that follow the youth teams pretty closely, has he received any buzz?

The idea of watching the Papua New Guinea/Fiji WCQ online is better than the reality of it

Although it might be worth watching just to witness the strangest bleacher placement in soccer history.

Oceania >> Concacaf!

So far I'm not as excited about Torres as many of you are.....there were several plays during the Canada game where torres has the ball in attack, with space, and options, and played the ball too early to players in much less dangerous positions, and basically killed the attack. I'll give him a pass to a degree that he might have been looking for Dempsey "just because". But frankly, he's supposed to be on of our most creative players, and I'm not seeing it. He is cute with the ball, and he fancies the ball without pressure. But under pressure he either loses possession or plays a bad ball. In space he doesn't really look like a threat to score. What he has shown is a willingness to work to win the ball back, which is good. For my money though, we need Bradley back in the attack, in the 4-3-3 and Torres can sit.

It was painfully clear that fabian Johnson is the LB...without him, Castillo was just crazy. Goodson was fine, and Cherundolo needs a break. Dempsey has to be more patient, and stop reading the headlines.....sometimes you have to do the work without the ball and be patient and ready. Donovan needs to decide he wants to make plays...he seems so willing to disappear.

if he is that bad, just put him on ignore....

Putting people on ignore is so lame. Everybody knows you click on the "view post" thing anyway, so there is no point in going thru all that trouble in the first place.

To be fair, I don't really disagree with a word fusiondad said

It was much more of a general rule of thumb than anything he specifically said in that post.

putting someone on ignore is lame and childish for the reason you pointed out, but I think it is better than random unprovoked personal attacks

Torres didn't look great against Our Hat, but as was said earlier, no one did. I still like him - a lot - and his creativity will pay dividends for us.

somebody give me the scoop on Hoffenheim defender Danny Williams. I saw that he has played once or twice for the usmnt.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Williams_(footballer)

CB or fullback? any legitimate hope that he will be an impact player? any idea why he hasn't been involved for our recent games?

He came into camp hurt - shoulder problem, I believe. He was sent home shortly afterward. He's a very good player and will definitely play a role for us moving forward. He's a MF.

Back