• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

To be honest I really don't know much about the guy. But he's 23 and hasn't come close to being with our NT. Seems like they are plenty of better options (young players) going forward.

No, I agree. I remember - hopefully, I'm correct here - Taylor in one friendly last year, maybe? He didn't do a thing.

The thought of JOZY! and Boyd tearing it up for the next couple of cycles is pretty awesome

For the first time in years our forward crop is the least of our worries (save GK)

Jozy, Boyd, and Gomez is a solid top 3 for where we are right now. Gomez is older but has proven he can get the job done. He also buys us time for the younger forwards to grow (Agudelo, Bunbury, Salgado, plenty of others). If Gomez gets hurt then Wondo fills the veteran role. Also, at any given moment we can move Deuce or Donovan up top. A complete 180 from where we were 1-2 years ago.

For the first time in years our forward crop is the least of our worries (save GK)

Jozy, Boyd, and Gomez is a solid top 3 for where we are right now. Gomez is older but has proven he can get the job done. He also buys us time for the younger forwards to grow (Agudelo, Bunbury, Salgado, plenty of others). If Gomez gets hurt then Wondo fills the veteran role. Also, at any given moment we can move Deuce or Donovan up top. A complete 180 from where we were 1-2 years ago.

He is so, so bad. Worse than not playing a striker at all.

Do you guys not have concerns on JOZY! and Boyd being too similar in how they play to be effective strike partners? I haven't seen Boyd enough to formulate a strong opinion on this one way or the other yet.

Do you guys not have concerns on JOZY! and Boyd being too similar in how they play to be effective strike partners? I haven't seen Boyd enough to formulate a strong opinion on this one way or the other yet.

I think they are closer to opposites. Boyd is a big, quick, physical forward that trys to find open space and finishes. Jozy is a lazy, hold up target forward. At least thats what he used to be, seems to be growing out of that day by day.

Edu-Cameron backline at Stoke!! Well, not really, but it would be awesome if they both won starting spots either at DM/CB.

Jozy and Boyd are fairly similar, though I don't think it matters too much as I see Jurgen moving more towards a 1 man forward system with more attacking wingers.

@SoccerByIves: TV network beIN SPORT has made a major investment to lock up rights to USMNT road World Cup qualifiers for rest of 2012 AND 2013. Impressive

So, if anyone wants DirecTV, since that is the only provider of beIN right now, PM me and I'll give you my account number. We would both save $100.

Do it. Do it. DirecTV shits on cable.

Back