• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Say what you will about Bob Bradley, but at least he know how to get a result in a road qualifier. Klinsmann doesn't have a fucking clue.

God, it pisses me off when we lose to shithole third world countries like Honduras.

Cameron looked the worst of the 4.

Chandler looked tired from the first 15 minutes.

I didn't get to see the game today, but there was some twitter chatter that Cameron was often covering other guys and the entire defense was just a mess.

Chandler got worked from the first whistle and was gassed about 10 minutes in. I can barely think of a single defensive thing Fabian did other than cutting out that one cross in the first half. I'm pretty sure Danny Williams and Mo Edu were absolutely invisible during their respective times in the game as well.

It figures that our defender who plays for the most physical team in one of the most physical leagues in the world doesn't body up an attacker running by him. Omar looked foolish too on the play, although you can't blame him too much for being surprised that the Honduran actually got to the ball first.

For a guy that talks shit about the American style constantly, Jurgen sure has us playing an uglier brand than we have since probably the Bora days.

Reading FC vs Mexico later. Three Royals in the starting lineup for JAM.

Torn whether I should cheer for them or hold my nose and root for the Mexicans, though. At this point just want to make sure we finish in the top 4

Reading FC vs Mexico later. Three Royals in the starting lineup for JAM.

Torn whether I should cheer for them or hold my nose and root for the Mexicans, though. At this point just want to make sure we finish in the top 4

As terrible as it sounds, we have to pull for Mexico.

The back four was questionable, however our lack of possession didn't exactly help. I fucking hate Jurgen and his constant need to play CMs on the wings. This has to be the fourth or fifth time I've posted this after a match, during this cycle.

We need width you dumb German asshole. Hell playing EJ out wide was a breath of fresh air compared to the rest of his dumb ass tactics. When you have Deuce, JOZY! and EJ as your forwards, sending a constant barrage of crosses in from the wing is a no brainer.

Last edited:
Make that 2-0. We could have two very desperate teams next round

Reading duo completely responsible for that move. Won't take credit for the finishing though :cool:

Really good work by the goalkeeper to be fiar

Oooooh. I might have to watch the 2nd half. How is he doing? Guardado playing too? #stud

I'm not sure he's even touched the ball to be honest, at least not when I've been paying attention.

Back