• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP Coach Kennedy

Coach taught my 11th grade trigonometry class. He was pretty much the only person who could have made that class enjoyable. He will be missed.

Sorry to hear of George's passing. I was fortunate to start working at Wake at the same time as Coach Kennedy. Good man to start the program. Up close as he built the Soccer foundation that Walt and Jay grew into a dynasty and Bobby can add to it this year. Go Soccer Deacs!!!

Coach Kennedy was my classic team coach 23-25 years ago. He was a great guy. When he became our coach, he quit bothering with fitness drills. He said we didn't have enough time together to do fitness and learn all the tactical things he wanted to teach. And he really did teach. He was the coach at Western Guilford High School for many years. When he started there, they were a a pretty pathetic program. He had several strong players move to other districts to play for more powerful teams. And his response was to go and win the State Championship. I'm so sad to hear this. He built the first dedicated soccer fields at Wake Forest. He started this program. What a great guy. You will be missed by many coach.

That's terribly sad. I've played for years with his son on my men's team. Great family, great guy.

Back