• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP: Norman Schwarzkopf

He sent a scout team of 80,000 dead Iraqi soldiers to do some heavenly reconn. An overwhelming force for good, indeed. RIP.

It would be nuts if he and HW passed in the same week.

Great American.

I read his autobiography shortly after he tore up the Republican Guard in 100 hours. Great read and he was the boss.

The luckiest man in Iraq
[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=vteVel7h9b8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DvteVel7h9b8[/video]

Met him a few years ago, put the pic up on Facebook accordingly. Very cool dude, true American hero.

kinda hard to know how good of a commander he actually was. prolly a good guy though.

kinda hard to know how good of a commander he actually was. prolly a good guy though.

When you destroy the seventh largest army in the world in 100 hours you're kinda good. Just sayin'. Not to say Colin Powell didn't have a say in the matter but Schwartzkopf put the plan together.

i don't disagree (i have a book that echos your sentiments), but the technological disparity between the two belligerents clouds an accurate appraisal of his generalship. Although this was a "conventional" war in most respects, you could argue the technological gap makes the conflict asymmetric.

and RIP to him btw.

Last edited:
Back