• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Robin Williams is dead

yeah, disgusting given that clinical depression has been an accepted thing for a while now.

Some people probably are clinically depressed. Very few of them are diagnosed. Because of that, there are so many people who have bad days and think they are clinically depressed. And those people who have bad days seem to think suicide is a viable option because they think they are clinically depressed. I know it sounds like a lot of straw men, but I am sure everyone knows people who fit into this category in their adolescent years.

My point is just that everybody who has ever thought "you will miss me when I'm gone" is not clinically depressed, but some of those that think that way think they are. They don't get help and just assume they are clinically depressed. I just think there is a huge difference between feeling overwhelmed and actually being depressed. Also, that was a good article on the "Genie, you're free" picture.

Last edited:
Some people probably are clinically depressed. Very few of them are diagnosed. Because of that, there are so many people who have bad days and think they are clinically depressed. And those people who have bad days seem to think suicide is a viable option because they think they are clinically depressed. I know it sounds like a lot of straw men, but I am sure everyone knows people who fit into this category in their adolescent years.

My point is just that everybody who has ever thought "you will miss me when I'm gone" is not clinically depressed, but some of those that think that way think they are. They don't get help and just assume they are clinically depressed. I just think there is a huge difference between feeling overwhelmed and actually being depressed. Also, that was a good article on the "Genie, you're free" picture.

i'm not sure i understand the point of this post

i'm more disappointed in my friends who are posting it as "just another perspective on the situation..." as though the turdbag is just 'saying what we're all thinking but are afraid to say'

lol spotted this today on FB:

Walsh's blog post about suicide was profound, moving and brave. He addressed it as the sad thing it is, not heroic or a foregone conclusion for anyone who suffers depression. To wish him dead for having an opinion is about the most ignorant thing I have ever heard... once again, proof tolerance is a one-sided thing.

watched world's greatest dad last night. good flick. very dark. especially in light of his recent suicide.

Back