• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rodney Rogers to be Inducted into NC Sports Hall of Hame

KVegasDeac

Reaction score
http://www.journalnow.com/sports/co...cle_03d91b74-f9b5-5e94-9942-8d3f34cf1988.html

"I say this with all due respect to all the other players, the most important recruit that we ever signed was Rodney Rogers — because he was the first great one,” Odom said. “He was the first McDonald’s All-America. And signing him was a sign. Randolph (Childress) told me that signing Rodney was the sign that Wake Forest was serious about winning championships. And that’s an important thing.

“All due respect to Tim (Duncan) and all the others, but Rodney was the first. Rodney got us started. And he made it easier for everybody else coming in.”

Great news and a fantastic surprise that there weren't any horrible tags about Rodney.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/co...cle_03d91b74-f9b5-5e94-9942-8d3f34cf1988.html

"I say this with all due respect to all the other players, the most important recruit that we ever signed was Rodney Rogers — because he was the first great one,” Odom said. “He was the first McDonald’s All-America. And signing him was a sign. Randolph (Childress) told me that signing Rodney was the sign that Wake Forest was serious about winning championships. And that’s an important thing.

“All due respect to Tim (Duncan) and all the others, but Rodney was the first. Rodney got us started. And he made it easier for everybody else coming in.”

:golfclap:

And Odom is exactly right. Signing Rodney was the game changer.

will never forget the Charlotte Observer had a sports headline "Wake's Prayers Answered: Rogers Commits" I think I still have that paper...

What an unbelievable physical specimen
Was always curious to see how he'd do as a tight end in the NFL

I really try not to think about what happened to him but sometimes can't help it. Just makes me sad and angry. Rod is a great guy who deserves so much more. Glad to see he's getting recognition from the NCSHOF.

Lots of great pictures on twitter

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I heard his speech was phenomenal. Very, very moving. I wish I could have heard it.

Glad to see that a lot of his old teammates were in attendance.

Rodney is the man...

My late father saw him play in when he was in HS, at the end of his junior year(?) He was amazed at his size and physical maturity- and all he could say was "no way this kid comes to Wake. No way. We don't get guys like that". Rodney was most definitely a program changer.

Phil Medlin could do Trent Dilfer's stunts.

Robert Siler looks like he could still dunk. This is a great picture, thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Great to see RoRo in the Hall of Fame. He worked hard to get there, even with his great talent.

Back