• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (SPOILERS)

Maybe they were building two or three at the same time.

Ok, I'm with it now. I thought a Bothan stole the plans for the ANH DS. Apparently, that's what's confusing me.

It was. I'm not sure what you're missing.

yeah. in Ep 2 they show plans for the DS. then they show it being built in Ep 3. it's completed in Ep 4, and sometime between those 2 films is when this one takes place and the plans are stolen.

concurrently, at some point the 2nd DS was constructed and the Bothans stole the plans for that between the events of Eps 5-6.

I thought that was the ANH Death Star.

Dang. I'm being out nerded.

I think the Second Death Star they are referring to is the one from the Force Awakens. I think that is where the confusion is. Or I just made it more confusing.

Nevermind. I have no idea. :noidea:

I don't know how many death stars are floating around, but I do know that preview sounds amazing

I find the lack of Star Wars knowledge on this thread disturbing.

I find the lack of Star Wars knowledge on this thread disturbing.

Oh really the plot isn't that hard to understand. The Emperor received a mysterious signal containing 60,000 pages with what appeared to be technical drawings of some machine. He set up an intergalactic coalition known as the empire to build what is known as the death star. On the day the death star is to finally to be used religious fanatics known as the rebels blow it up. However it is later revealed that despite the size and cost of the project there is a second death star hidden away.

that solomon islands campaign map with the ATAT walkers was fucking dooope

I think she was in the Danish Girl, which, strangely, took place in North Carolina and I think the plot was she was trying to help Eddie Redmayne figure out what bathroom to use and then help him run from authorities through the underground railroad after he picked the wrong one.

Nope, never mind. She was in the Theory of Everything and the plot was she was trying everything she could to cheat on and try to get away from Eddie Redmayne as his medical condition worsened.

I like the retro look of it. Reason #1584 that the prequels bugged me is that tech of 20ish years earlier seemed more advanced than in eps 4-6.

At first viewing, I thought Mon Mothma must have been cgi, she very convincingly looked like who we saw in RotJ.

Alan Tudyk is in the credits so I'm a little disappointed to not see him say he was a leaf on the wind while piloting in a big space battle, but I guess once is enough for that.

It's an ensemble cast. I assume the next teaser trailer will feature another main character.

The most exciting thing about this is how few characters in this are in Ep 4-6. They have the freedom to kill people off and for there to be real stakes.

Felicity Jones is 32, but I think the character she's playing is supposed to be considerably younger.

The comment about Tudyk was just an excuse to make a Firefly reference, I know how trailers expand as they roll out.

I'm just excited that every Christmas for the rest of my life, Disney and Lucasfilm will roll out a Star Wars movie for me to enjoy

The second Death Star (that "Many Bothans died" to get the information about) was the one that was still being constructed during Return of the Jedi. The story for Rogue One is about stealing the plans for the first Death Star- the plans that Princess Leia eventually hid in R2-D2.

Back