• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Romney's VP Pick: process of elimination = Portman

The fact that Obama is anywhere close to 50% approval when the election cycle has been dominated by Republicans is a huge plus for Obama. Also, at least a small percentage of the people who don't approval are liberals who don't think Obama has done enough for them. Only about 20% of Americans describe themselves as liberal and party breaks down to 33-33-33. Obama already has approval from a large percentage of independents.

Why would the momentum swing towards Romney when he has been campaigning for months and months, and Obama has barely done it at all so far?

I'm not saying it's impossible, I just don't think it's likely

Why would the momentum swing towards Romney when he has been campaigning for months and months, and Obama has barely done it at all so far?

I'm not saying it's impossible, I just don't think it's likely

Why would the momentum swing towards Obama after 3 years of economic policy failure after failure?

Why would the momentum swing towards Obama after 3 years of economic policy failure after failure?

Because most of the economy is recovering and in much better shape than in 2008, so most Americans don't think his policies have been failures?

fredgraph.png

not sure what your argument is here and i am by no means a romney guy, but the stock market bottomed 2 months after obama took office after over a year of unprecedented economic maelstrom. barry has nothing to do with the stock market jump in 09/10.

You mean before Obama took office. The shaded area goes from the end of 2007 to the first four of five months of the Obama administration.

not sure what your argument is here and i am by no means a romney guy, but the stock market bottomed 2 months after obama took office after over a year of unprecedented economic maelstrom. barry has nothing to do with the stock market jump in 09/10.

Of course. We've established on this board that the President is a passenger to the economy, not the conductor. But the point is that the economy IS in better shape now than it was in 2008 when he took office. So the average, nonpartisan American is not going to think, like Go does, that his policies have been utter and abject failures.

That's GDP growth minus government spending, not a stock chart. Jesus.

That's GDP growth minus government spending, not a stock chart. Jesus.

name's not jesus and i am drunk in china right now checking the boards so i apologize for not actually reading the chart, but it is similar to the stock market charts.

needless to say the same argument applies to gdp growth.

as for ph's argument, its legit, and i am retarded and can't read a chart.

name's not jesus and i am drunk in china right now checking the boards so i apologize for not actually reading the chart, but it is similar to the stock market charts.

needless to say the same argument applies to gdp growth.

as for ph's argument, its legit, and i am retarded and can't read a chart.

Didn't know the China context. I take back my swearing. Anyways, point is that there's scant evidence of actual economic policy failure on Obama's part. I'm not sure how Go is arriving at his point of view. The private sector has grown pretty well during Obama's term.

Back