• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rumor: Buzz won't be fired because he submitted his resignation

DeacAtDuke

Reaction score
I've heard (at best) third hand that Buzz submitted his resignation yesterday. This would make an announcement likely when Wellman is done with selection committee stuff.

I have no ability to vouch for source. Interpret however you see fit.

[SUB][/SUB]Doesn't matter as long as he's gone. Hope the rumor is truth!

Bz hands in his resignation frequently. Will Wellman accept it is the question.

A true resignation would be wonderful so we wouldn't have to pay anything on the 5th year.

That being said I don't believe it. Call it what you will, [Redacted]'s departure isn't solely his choice and I would anticipate Wake writing some sort of check as severance/buyout of his last year.

A true resignation would be wonderful so we wouldn't have to pay anything on the 5th year.

That being said I don't believe it. Call it what you will, [Redacted]'s departure isn't solely his choice and I would anticipate Wake writing some sort of check as severance/buyout of his last year.

As much as it pains me, paying Jeff [Redacted] not to coach is a far, far better investment than paying him to coach.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's a "resignation" with Buzzdick still getting paid most his 5th year salary. That way both can save a little face, his Premiership can declare the victory of Buzzdick doing such a great job rebuilding the right way, and then he can start his coaching search with little mud being tossed about.

It would done in such manner that, short of Bzz committing NCAA violations or criminal misconduct, we would have to pay his fifth year anyway and it would be announced as his resigning.

As several of us have said, the most likely scenario us Wellman tells us that he "reluctantly" has accepted [Redacted]'s resignation. He will then "thank" the coach for helping "right the ship"or "set the program up for success" and them wishing him good luck.

Yep, this is what we've all been expecting/ hoping for. IF it happens it will be this way.

If I was Ron Wellman's boss and he made a case that [Redacted] had "righted the ship", I would fire him on the spot. Of course, I would have already fired him a long time ago.

Probably been discussed in the Country Dan on DG show thread but this is pretty much what Dan thought would happen. Pretty much what I expected. What a joke, idk the idea of Bz technically leaving on his own free will is annoying. I could just see him talking about it later (though I can't imagine he will be given much of a forum) how crazy the fanbase is and other bull shit. Ron really needs to step up and fire the guy, its all about accountability even if its a technicality.

As several of us have said, the most likely scenario us Wellman tells us that he "reluctantly" has accepted [Redacted]'s resignation. He will then "thank" the coach for helping "right the ship"or "set the program up for success" and them wishing him good luck.

Yep.

I guess people don't watch what happens in other programs (or even with Gaudio). Firing/Resignation is irrelevant. [Redacted] will get some portion of his salary next year.

And by getting that last year of salary he agrees to say nothing but nice things about Wake Forest.

Doubt that Wellman does anything other than described above ("mission accomplished!"), but imagine the scenario if either he or [Redacted] took a shot, regardless of how thinly veiled, at the so-called "lunatic fringe" for the past few years.

What if, just what if, Buzz has been submitting his resignation every year but Wellman refused to accept it?

I have heard from well placed and reliable people what has been mentioned above - that [Redacted] has offered his resignation to Wellman more than once in the past but Wellman refused. I think there is a difference between offered and submitted though. My person did say offered

Back