• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rutgers athletics department continued struggles

Wow, he really just accused Murdoch of insubordination. Thats insane.

Buzz takes on Jersey. That's got a good ring to it.

Came here to post this. Everyone knows that emotional abuse is far worse the physical abuse.

It depends. Physical abuse and complete neglect are on opposite sides of the spectrum but considered equally harmful

Now he's starting to sound like an AD who is more than ready to turn his back on his coach, lest the president comes after him.

I don't think that's a scenario that would ever happen at Wake.

Wellman's the bully, and Hatch is the pussy.

All of this had been alleged by former director of player development Eric Murdock, who claims Rice's actions caused at least three players to transfer.

Link.

This guy isn't 1/3rd the man [Redacted] is.

The coach and the AD should be looking for new jobs . . . . and not in sports.

That's not coaching. Throwing basketballs at your players' heads knowing they can't fight back (without being thrown off the team) is just a bitch move. I don't have a problem with the language but when you start physically going after your players like that, the players should have the ability to knock you the hell out.

I think probably some, not all, of the verbal attacks are probably pretty common at a lot of college practices. That doesn't make it right by the way. The throwing balls at players and all the phyiscal stuff isn't common though. Bz is a horrible head coach. This guy is just a horrible person, in my opinion.

No surprise here but

tara sullivan ‏@Record_Tara
Axe about to fall. Source confirms Rutgers players told in early morning hours that Mike Rice will be fired.

Next to go should be the AD for making then defending his earlier decision.

Maybe they should hire Eric Murdock as HC.

Good. The AD should be next on the chopping block.

Okay, somebody needs to call up Melo and Riley and fucking James Naismith to get them to start pimping Bzz to bring the culture to New Brunswick.

The chucking of the balls is ridiculous. I can understand some of the shoving ( although it seemed the pushes had zero to do with game simulation and instead was just him getting his jollies from being in power). I can't imagine having to be an AC for that guy. I would have resigned after the second time he pinged a guy in the head with a basketball. What a disgrace.

That's not coaching. Throwing basketballs at your players' heads knowing they can't fight back (without being thrown off the team) is just a bitch move. I don't have a problem with the language but when you start physically going after your players like that, the players should have the ability to knock you the hell out.

buzz would have missed them.

Back