• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

Love Sam and appreciate all he did for Wake. Guy is a total stud. Don't for a second begrudge him or any other Deac who leaves for more money and/or to enhance pro prospects their opportunity to do that.

By the same token, not gonna judge any Wake fan who is conflicted about the situation. The professionalization of college sports totally sucks on multiple levels and it's okay to say so. Spare us the high-minded "boomer" bullshit.

yes, if she is no longer playing with you then you shouldn't be pulling for her
So you have never heard the pledge “, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until we are parted by death” ???? There are no “ifs”. In that

Man and I thought the posts written by artificial intelligence would be the weirdest things to read on this thread
Lol yep. I’m not sure where @NewBernDeac learned grammar. That post is bizarre. I’m also not sure where they learned about comparisons because none of them make sense.

So you have never heard the pledge “, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until we are parted by death” ???? There are no “ifs”. In that
If she left for another man then I’m pretty sure the marriage is over.

The "slow mesh" was only ~20% of the offense this year and you could count on one hand (without using all 5 fingers) the number of "slow mesh" plays run in the bowl game.

I expect our fanbase to be more knowledgeable than the work-shy and shiftless local and national "experts" but it appears this isn't the case.
I'm not going to go back and count, but this isn't true. If you mean that 20% of the time the offense ran the play where they tapdance at the LOS before the RB goes, then yeah, that could well be the case. But when Sam pulls it there and throws it close to the LOS, it's still a slow mesh play. Yes, there were times when he was just taking the ball in shotgun and throwing it or handing it off in a more conventional style. But it wasn't any 80% of the time. Pro scouts want to see him more in the pocket and see more of how he feels pressure, steps up in the pocket, and throws from 7 yards further behind the LOS. Hell, I'd like to see that too. I hate our offense, but it works and is necessary if we want to win consistently given our talent level.

I'm not going to go back and count, but this isn't true. If you mean that 20% of the time the offense ran the play where they tapdance at the LOS before the RB goes, then yeah, that could well be the case. But when Sam pulls it there and throws it close to the LOS, it's still a slow mesh play. Yes, there were times when he was just taking the ball in shotgun and throwing it or handing it off in a more conventional style. But it wasn't any 80% of the time. Pro scouts want to see him more in the pocket and see more of how he feels pressure, steps up in the pocket, and throws from 7 yards further behind the LOS. Hell, I'd like to see that too. I hate our offense, but it works and is necessary if we want to win consistently given our talent level.
Yeah, it would be so much better if every college team ran exactly the same offense. Pro-set. Two backs. Five and seven step drops.... No shotgun on short yardage.... A few trick plays. These idiots like Mike Leach and Warren Ruggiero are so stupid to actually try something different and innovative. It was so much better when WF went 4-8 (2-6) every year. That was awesome, especially when the Deacs ran the lateral play to the WR, who then threw it down field to cut the NC State lead to 17.

Yeah, it would be so much better if every college team ran exactly the same offense. Pro-set. Two backs. Five and seven step drops.... No shot gun on short yardage.... A few trick plays. These idiots like Mike Leach and Warren Ruggiero are so stupid to actually try something different and innovative. It was so much better when WF went 4-8 (2-6) every year. That was awesome, especially when the WR pass worked to cut the NC State lead to 17. .
Those were the days!

Yeah, it would be so much better if every college team ran exactly the same offense. Pro-set. Two backs. Five and seven step drops.... No shotgun on short yardage.... A few trick plays. These idiots like Mike Leach and Warren Ruggiero are so stupid to actually try something different and innovative. It was so much better when WF went 4-8 (2-6) every year. That was awesome, especially when the Deacs ran the lateral play to the WR, who then threw it down field to cut the NC State lead to 17.
I don’t even want to drop back. Just run the ball every play. The game at Miami where we had 4 pass attempts while getting destroyed was my favorite game ever.

In my advocacy for some variety, I am thinking that 1-5 plays per game should be outside the box of the basic offense. Orbit, halfback pass, flea flicker, toss sweep etc. The only variation I've seen the last few years has been the direct snap to running back. And it wasn't very successful.

I don’t even want to drop back. Just run the ball every play. The game at Miami where we had 4 pass attempts while getting destroyed was my favorite game ever.

Right back to the 1970's triple option and Wake Veer offense that won an ACC Championship. Or like what the Service Academies run. And what GaTech tried to do.

Right back to the 1970's triple option and Wake Veer offense that won an ACC Championship. Or like what the Service Academies run. And what GaTech tried to do.
It would make for much quicker games!

Stick to what you know (i.e. Oklahoma Sooner football)

What other schools need a QB other than Notre Dame that could offer a competitive NIL package? I've seen Auburn mentioned a few times...

What other schools need a QB other than Notre Dame that could offer a competitive NIL package? I've seen Auburn mentioned a few times...
It’s not even need. It’s upgrading period. They’ll throw their dude to the side if they think it’s an upgrade.

That is not what I said or was implying. I recognize the necessity of us having an innovative offense, even though I don't much care for watching it much of the time (I'll leave it to Angus to assign a percentage of it that I don't like watching).

... and we had the Clemson game won and zero business losing to UNC. None. Again, taking the $$$ is fine but pretending there are other motivators seems a little forced to me.
No business losing to UNC? Dude, Maye lit up our sorry D for 450 yds and 3 scores. Score was a lot closer than the game actually was. Come on.

No business losing to UNC? Dude, Maye lit up our sorry D for 450 yds and 3 scores. Score was a lot closer than the game actually was. Come on.

We led 34-33 going into the 4th quarter. UNC kicked a field goal in the 4th for the only points scored in the quarter. Also, in the fourth quarter, we opted NOT to kick a field goal and went for a 4th-down and failed.
The mighty Drake Maye scored ZERO fucking points in the 4th quarter other than the field goal which was helped by a very suspect penalty.

Have another drink.

Back