• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarr - strength

In this thread, we have learned from RJ that Jim Grobe turned down an offer to coach one of our rivals in NC State (he didn't) and that Wellman offered Shaka, assumably had him locked up, and then reneged for some reason (he didn't).

It must be exhausting to spew fiction and bullshit the majority of 56,120 times.

Brownell was hired the same year as [name redacted]. In the 7 complete seasons since then he has had 5 winning seasons. Wake has had 2. He has never won fewer than 5 ACC games compared to Wake’s 3 times. He has won 8 or more ACC games 5 Times compared to Wake’s once. He has done all of this at a program with less history, less support, and fewer resources. If we had hired Brownell, and he had those same results we probably would have fired him by now, but I bet the journey would have been a lot less miserable than it has been under the guys Wellman actually hired.

At the end of the day, Brownell had a much more established college basketball resume than [name redacted] or Manning. It wasn’t flashy, perhaps suggesting a low ceiling, but it was very solid, suggesting a high floor.

This season could be a flash in the pan, it’s hard to know. But, what we do know is that Brownell only had 1 truly terrible season compared to 5 (going on 6) for our duo.

Brownell is also 9-1 vs. WFU while at Clemson (5-1 vs. Bz, 4-0 vs. Manning)

In this thread, we have learned from RJ that Jim Grobe turned down an offer to coach one of our rivals in NC State (he didn't) and that Wellman offered Shaka, assumably had him locked up, and then reneged for some reason (he didn't).

It must be exhausting to spew fiction and bullshit the majority of 56,120 times.

My bad it was Nebraska and Arkansas not State for Grobe...Odom was dancing with the idea of State.

Last edited:
Brownell made The Dance with his predecessor's players and hasn't been back since.

Clemson basketball and football are both 9-1 against Wake in the last 10 meetings.

I'm not a huge fan of Wellman and the way he postures himself toward the fan base.

I also realize that basketball is our flagship program, and the results we've had for the last 10 years are not acceptable.

But aside from basketball (both M and W), are there any other programs that aren't in a good place? Football, soccer, baseball, tennis all seem to be in a great place. And other sports seem to be at least decent.

It seems to me that Shah et al. Are making the investment in basketball to make it more attractive to both players in the future coaches.

An argument can be made football is everyone's flagship program in today's NCAA.

Last edited:
Clemson basketball and football are both 9-1 against Wake in the last 10 meetings.

Keeping football out of it, WF is still 1-9 against Clemson in the last 10 in basketball only. WF has beaten Clemson once in basketball since the end of the 2009-2010 season. Unbelievable.

Not really fair to throw in the record of any ACC school against Clemson football to demonstrate inferiority. Clemson is 25-2 against the ACC since 2015 in football; so, outside of Pitt who is somehow 1-0 against Clemson during that time frame, adding the football record to the head to head basketball record is going to make every school look bad - not just WF; no one has been as pathetic as WF against Clemson in hoop over the last 8 years; Clemson is the same program that has NEVER won at UNC-ch and basketball and is an after-thought to Clemson football.

Last edited:
I brought up football to complement the basketball stat we were discussion. My point was to show that our status to Clemson in basketball is similar to our status to Clemson in football. Obviously Clemson is a much better football program than hoops program, so that highlights just how bad our basketball program is right now.

purnell was on a pretty good role when he left clemson. something like 5 years straight with 20+ wins. then brad has a year with his team unlike danny with the dumpster. the next two are very similar to dannys 1st two. a few more acc wins sure, but overall no more success than manning. then a successful 4th season and then 3 bad years.

i see similar paths and i choose to try and let danny get a full team to work with. if collins or dinos had stayed this would be a much different year.

in on benching crawford till he gives a shit

Back