• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Savannah Restaurant Recommendations

truifh0

Reaction score
Planning a weekend trip to savannah and looking for dinner and lunch recommendations. Looking for one fancy place and the rest more casual.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I love the restaurants in Savannah! I would highly recommend Alligator Soul, Olde Pink House, Elizabeth on 37th, Mrs. Wilkes, Zunzis, Gryphon Tea Room, Cafe M
Those restaurants aren't the most modern and trendy places, but they are all very very good. Elizabeth on 37th, Olde Pink House, and the Gryphon Tea Room are some of the most beautiful restaurants i've ever seen.

Alligator soul is one of my favorite restaurants anywhere. They usually have one or two exotic game dishes (venison, boar, etc) along with their regular entrees, all tasty.

Alligator soul is one of my favorite restaurants anywhere. They usually have one or two exotic game dishes (venison, boar, etc) along with their regular entrees, all tasty.
That's me and my wife's favorite restaurant.

DemonBeck lives in Savannah and helped me out a lot a couple of years ago. Maybe he'll appear and throw out the latest and greatest.

Looks like I'll be in Savannah for a week in May. Will have to revisit this thread.

I've been going to Savannah every spring for years. The 3 best restaurants are Olde Pink House, Garabaldi, and Elizabeth on 37th. Chart House is a chain but is also good. My personal favorite is Garabaldi, but Olde Pink House is similar (but without the Italian dishes) because they have the same owner. You'd be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't order the shellfish platter.

Lady & Son (Paula Dean) is overrated IMO, and Pirate House is just terrible. Vennie's Pizza at City Market is good cheap food.

http://garibaldisavannah.com/

Last edited:
I've been going to Savannah every spring for years. The 3 best restaurants are Olde Pink House, Garabaldi, and Elizabeth on 37th. Chart House is a chain but is also good. My personal favorite is Garabaldi, but Olde Pink House is similar (but without the Italian dishes) because they have the same owner. You'd be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't order the shellfish platter.

Lady & Son (Paula Dean) is overrated IMO, and Pirate House is just terrible. Vennie's Pizza at City Market is good cheap food.

http://garibaldisavannah.com/

Thanks. How is Olde Pink House for lunch as that's probably the only time we will be able to do it so that we can do Elizabeth's on 37th and Alligator Soul?

Vote for Ole Pink House. There's a cool cellar room which was a bank vault. Just a 2 top in there though.

Went to The Grey when I was there in August and was pretty underwhelmed.

I ate at Cotton & Rye last week and it was excellent. It's a bit south of the main stuff in town, but Savannah is tiny, so it's a 5 minute Uber ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planning a weekend trip to savannah and looking for dinner and lunch recommendations. Looking for one fancy place and the rest more casual.

Just saw this. When are you coming, and what are you looking to eat?

Lot's of good suggestions in here. Cotton and Rye, Local Eleven Ten, The Vault, Atlantic and The Florence (Hugh Acheson's local restaurant) are all hot right now and south of the primary tourist area. All are good.

Elizabeth's on 37th is phenomenal, but pricey.

The Grey is another hot spot that is getting rave reviews all over.

You should hit up Zunzi's for lunch and go to Rock's on the Rooftop or Top Sail for drinks over looking the river. (Rocks on the River is not spectacular.)

Brunch should be eaten at B.Matthew's (which is also underrated for dinner as well.)

Hit me up on PM if you have any questions.

They do a great job. Another one that is underrated.

Just saw this. When are you coming, and what are you looking to eat?

Lot's of good suggestions in here. Cotton and Rye, Local Eleven Ten, The Vault, Atlantic and The Florence (Hugh Acheson's local restaurant) are all hot right now and south of the primary tourist area. All are good.

Elizabeth's on 37th is phenomenal, but pricey.

The Grey is another hot spot that is getting rave reviews all over.

You should hit up Zunzi's for lunch and go to Rock's on the Rooftop or Top Sail for drinks over looking the river. (Rocks on the River is not spectacular.)

Brunch should be eaten at B.Matthew's (which is also underrated for dinner as well.)

Hit me up on PM if you have any questions.
Thanks went a MLK weekend and our favorite restaurants were alligator soul and Elizabeth's on 37th. Did olde pink house for lunch and it was good but service was slow.

Back