• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Search titles only"

Can you give an example? I think the short/likely answer is that Xenforo actually searches titles AND tags when that checkbox is clicked. We have tagging turned off (they don't behave the same here as they did on VBulletin) but I believe still indexed on older content so it might lead to them appearing in results even in cases where it looks like nothing matches.

Today I searched “Seinfeld” with each titles only and it posted like five pages of threads with maybe 7 threads that actually had Seinfeld in the title

Today I searched “Seinfeld” with each titles only and it posted like five pages of threads with maybe 7 threads that actually had Seinfeld in the title
Yeah it was 100% because of a bunch of tags that still existed (on BE/DB only) with Seinfeld in them. There were ~30ish tags, some of them hitting a lot of threads. I deleted them from the system and now it looks like the results are what you'd expect them to be.

so searching thread titles for moonz, announce, or decline will generate thousands of hits

Back