• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season Long College Basketball Discussion Thread

UVA has given up 60 or more points 6 times.

- @MD 65
- Davidson 75
- @ Miami 80 (2 OT) - 63 in regulation
- dook 69
- @ UNC 64
- Wake 60

We'll need to have a good night on offense to win on Wed.

They're vulnerable to good 3 point shooting and stretch 4s. Both Dick and Davidson really hurt them from deep. And if Perrantes is out, I really like our chances. While I thought they'd certainly miss Anderson, I'm kinda surprised their offense has struggled to the extent it has without him. Unfortunately, I'm not liking their post-season chances. Ain't no way they're winning the ACCT without Anderson, and while he's probably back for the NCAAs, is that offense going to suddenly kick on when he's reincorporated back in, and what his his outside shot going to look like?

Jones was kicked for a fight last Saturday night and a domestic, either as part of the original fight or separately, two nights ago. The timing of the woman-beating is unclear right now.

But it isn't pot.

Lulz, why is Louisville still ranked #17? They have like 3 guys who can score.

Probably because they are 21-6.
Right, but talk about a team trending down. They were already offensively challenged with Jones. Now, woof. They literally weren't running an offense in the 1st half.

Poor GT. Just can't win a close game.

That was tough to watch. MGH got body checked when he made that basket. So much he couldn't get back to stop the layup on the other end.

First half of Kansas @ Kansas State has been a good one. Both teams going at it; refs lettin' 'em play. Looks and feels like tournament basketball. It's a joy watching teams play hard.

So this is utter bullshit. They must've got tired of Carl Tacy whippin' their asses in the Big 4

B-jEYS9IYAABcK1.png

So with GT's loss all signs point to Wake as the 11 seed in all probability.
Even if we lose out, which is not likely IMO...
GT would need to either win at Clemson or home vs UNC to force a tiebreaker.
VT would need to win three of its last four, two of which are Duke and UVA, to pass us.
BC would need to win three of its last four, including a game against us, to pass us on the tiebreak. That might actually be the most likely of the three as they have the easiest run in (at Pitt and VT, home vs State and us).

I feel like Perry Ellis has been at Kansas for the better part of a decade.

Back