• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season Long College Basketball Discussion Thread

How is that hole you are living in?

I'll admit that I should have known Villanova was good after looking at the polls but I guarantee most college basketball fans couldn't name one player on this year's team despite the fact that they have been in the top 10 for weeks. Back when the Big East played their games on ESPN, most college basketball fans knew who Corey Fisher and Scottie Reynolds were despite the fact that neither of them were NBA prospects. I don't see how Villanova can keep this level of prestige when they have such little exposure.

Congratulate Mark and his club. They were dominating from the first get-go. Before I even get to that, let me say something really clear. Our crowd was great tonight, we let them down. They were sensational, they were off the charts. Coach let them down, players, we just--early in the game they dominated everything, intimidated us inside. Cat controlled the game, they controlled the game inside with their unwillingness to give us easy shots. Made a nice run but runs don't do you any good unless you're tough enough to keep going...I hate it for our crowd because God almighty they were so good. Challenged them last game and they came out and were fantastic and the basketball coach and the basketball team didn't standup to our part."

I guarantee you that Bubba and Roy had a discussion about his crowd comments after a few of the OWG's called him and gave him an earful.
That quote is Ol Roy tucking tail and kissing ass.

I'll admit that I should have known Villanova was good after looking at the polls but I guarantee most college basketball fans couldn't name one player on this year's team despite the fact that they have been in the top 10 for weeks. Back when the Big East played their games on ESPN, most college basketball fans knew who Corey Fisher and Scottie Reynolds were despite the fact that neither of them were NBA prospects. I don't see how Villanova can keep this level of prestige when they have such little exposure.

The lack of exposure has more to do with the lack of stars on the team than anything else (though Hilliard is on fire). When you like at their overall profile and metrics you can very easily make a case that they're a one seed -- especially if they win out.

The lack of exposure has more to do with the lack of stars on the team than anything else (though Hilliard is on fire). When you like at their overall profile and metrics you can very easily make a case that they're a one seed -- especially if they win out.

You underestimate the power of ESPN in CBB. It is really killing the Big East. I see as many A-10 games as BE.

You underestimate the power of ESPN in CBB. It is really killing the Big East. I see as many A-10 games as BE.

Perhaps in terms of casual perception. The league has the second best RPI and is going to get 60% of its teams in the tournament. It could become reality if that perception starts to impact recruiting, but it hasn't yet. Nova has a top20 player coming in next year and just got anther in Spellman for 2016.

I agree that casual fans don't realize how strong of a league it is this year (at least in terms of the middle of the conference - I think only Nova has a legitimate chance to get beyond the 2nd weekend).

B-teCMiWwAAW525.png

Schadenfreude: UR/VCU going to 2OT, forcing fuckwad Duke fans to miss most of their first half on ESPN2.

Schadenfreude: UR/VCU going to 2OT, forcing fuckwad Duke fans to miss most of their first half on ESPN2.

Shocked ESPN didn't shift this game to ESPN so we can watch the epic dook/VT battle.

Whoa, does VT actually have a shot?

VT Duke down to the wire and I'm not turning it on. I know how this turns out. I'm already angry enough at sports.

Okafor just pushes with his elbow every time he backs down and they NEVER call it. Good luck getting away with that in the NBA.

Come on, Hokies.

It's going to be hard to recruit Harry away from Duke when he knows he can do whatever the fuck he wants on national TV twice a week for a year of his life and still get every damn call.

A little earlier in the game the announcer said 'dook has the best road record at 11-2'. I guess that's true except for undefeated KY and UVA that's 10-0.

Back