• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long College football thread

Diego, I was pulling for your Tigers last night. They represented the Atlantic division of the ACC very well. F the ESPN owned Alabama and sec.

I've found that SEC fans tend to crow about SEC Natties more than the actual fans of the teams that won it. South Carolina fans tend to be the worst offenders in my experience. See: Reff, The.

A friend of mine that works at Vanderbilt was on Facebook crowing about the SEC after the game last night.

Hunter Renfrow is my boy. Love seeing a dude from my HS torching 5 star recruits

Hate it Diego, I was pulling for your Tigers last night. Thought they represented the ACC very well though, a lot for the Tiger faithful to be proud of this year.

I was also pulling for Clemson last night and thought they played great. Special teams hurt Clemson (missed field goal and giving up td on kickoff). Outside of that I thought Clemson represented the conference well, wish they had won as I can't stand Alabama.

I was also pulling for Clemson last night and thought they played great. Special teams hurt Clemson (missed field goal and giving up td on kickoff). Outside of that I thought Clemson represented the conference well, wish they had won as I can't stand Alabama.

I hate to say it, but Sabin was a big difference. I think Dabo does a great job at Clemson, he's getting great talent, he motivates them, stands up for them, promotes them, but I don't think he's a great strategy coach. The onside kick took advantage of how Clemson was lining up on kick returns, a weakness that the Clemson coaches overlooked and Sabin took advantage of.

Dabo can be a dunce at times. Apparently his beef was b/c they weren't allowed to catch an onside kick in the air last year vs. SC. Except in that instance a SC player was standing right under the ball and waived for a fair catch, and a Clem player went right over his head and grabbed it. The nearest Clemson player tonight on that kick was in Las Cruces

Shouldn't be able to fair catch a live ball anyway.

This is stupid. Clemson will be even better next year.

I hope we beat them too, but I expect barring major injuries for Clemson to be back in the playoffs next year. Basically the whole team back, it took a trick play for Bama to beat them this year, Clemson should be nasty next year.

This is stupid. Clemson will be even better next year.

Us beating them is stupid, but I bet they slip up next year -- Watson was injured all the time last year so I wonder if he can make it through a full season two years in a row, but most importantly it'll be a whole different ball of wax handling the hype around being the #1 team going into the new season.

Of course, I'm the guy who infamously predicted doom and gloom for them this year, and got basically everything Clemson-related wrong this year, so I'm sure they'll win the most convincing natty of all time

Us beating them is stupid, but I bet they slip up next year -- Watson was injured all the time last year so I wonder if he can make it through a full season two years in a row, but most importantly it'll be a whole different ball of wax handling the hype around being the #1 team going into the new season.

Of course, I'm the guy who infamously predicted doom and gloom for them this year, and got basically everything Clemson-related wrong this year, so I'm sure they'll win the most convincing natty of all time

Hoping we beat them is stupid?

you were going against me, the true football genius

I'm hoping we don't get blown out again.

Hoping we win, hoping we don't get blown out again, etc., etc, aren't mutually exclusive you know. I hope we win, I don't think we will, I don't think we really a chance, but I hope we do. I also hope we don't get blown out again and I think there's at least a chance we might not.

Congrats to the University of South Carolina on another national championship.
south-carolina-hat-roll-tide.jpeg

I don't think you can really point to injuries keeping deshaun out. He played against USC with a torn ACL. Sure, he missed a few games with a broken bone but those games were BC, Syracuse, & Wake. Why risk it when those teams aren't good?

Back