• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long College football thread

One would think if you know people with these issues you'd understand addiction a little bit more than your posts seem to indicate. Do you think people with depression should just pull themselves together and be happy?

Think what you will. Sometimes the best thing you can do for a person is not say " bless his heart he can't help it and just needs help." Sometimes you're doing a person more good by saying get your shit together, go get some help and man up. Hopefully that's what he's doing, because until he's the one wanting to do it, it's likely not to help. I hope he overcomes it, but I'm not going to get on here and kiss his ass and feel sorry for him. I'll kiss his ass if and when he gets the help he needs and overcomes it.

I agree a tough love approach can really be best, but your original posts came across as "man up and get better", which really defies the nature of addiction and mental illness.

I agree a tough love approach can really be best, but your original posts came across as "man up and get better", which really defies the nature of addiction and mental illness.

Well I think he's need to man up and get better, but I know getting better means a long hard road and not a "snap out out of it" type thing. Hopefully he wants help and not being made to do it.

Will Grier suspended at UF for season after testing positive for PEDs

Will Grier suspended at UF for season after testing positive for PEDs

screen-shot-2014-04-17-at-11-18-57-am.png

So he gets to spend more time with his girlfriend, how sad for him.

Barn's next QB?

Treon Harris is the back up QB for Florida. He actually started in the opener before being suspended for a team violation.

"With Grier out, sophomore Treon Harris will take over at quarterback. Harris started the season opener before giving way to Grier, but he was also suspended earlier this season for an undisclosed violation of team rules.

Harris started Florida's final six games of the 2014 season, finishing with a 4-2 record. He completed 49.5 percent of his passes for 1,019 yards, nine touchdowns and four interceptions.

Harris was also suspended from the team in October 2014 during the week of the LSU game because of accusations of sexual battery, but he was later reinstated after the allegations were withdrawn."

Sark has now been shitcanned.

Would think that USC would have cause to get out from under his contract. If it's true that Sark was drunk at practice and games, would think that conduct would constitute a breach allowing USC to claim that Sark is entitled to no further payments. This will likely settle, but Sark has cost himself a lot coin.

Appears that there will be quite a few BCS job openings after this season.

Welcome to the SEC East dumpster fire.

UF will pick up it's first loss against LSU. Georgia going for three SEC losses in a row or four in a row v. Missouri and Florida. Tennessee already lost two SEC games, including to Arkansas, and still has games at Alabama and at UK. USC just plain sucks. UK better, but still sucks. Oh Vandy, LOL. The winner of the Florida/Georgia has the inside track on winning the East, but UGA still plays at Auburn for a possible loss #3.

L
Welcome to the SEC East dumpster fire.

UF will pick up it's first loss against LSU. Georgia going for three SEC losses in a row or four in a row v. Missouri and Florida. Tennessee already lost two SEC games, including to Arkansas, and still has games at Alabama and at UK. USC just plain sucks. UK better, but still sucks. Oh Vandy, LOL. The winner of the Florida/Georgia has the inside track on winning the East, but UGA still plays at Auburn for a possible loss #3.

With the exception of Vanderbilt, any of those teams would win the ACC Coastal.

Back