• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long ex-Deac watch thread

http://en.bckhimki.ru/news/clubpress/2012/september/1170/

Yes, those numbers for Ty Walker are real. Another TALENTED BIG wasted for four years at Wake while the brilliant peanut gallery prides themselves on basketball knowledge. Go ahead and excuse it however you want (ie, he's playing against midgets). He was treated like dog crap at Wake DURING THE WORST SEASONS IN HISTORY when we could have used some help - if he could only get off the bench. . . From the link:

"Earlier this summer Walker Ty participated at Tournoi de Tourcoing in France. He shined with 16.7 ppg, 11.4 rpg and 6.9 bpg for 5 games."

"He had 16 ppg, 16 rpg, 4.7 bpg and 3.7 spg for 3 games with the NBL team Hong Kong Bulls."

Now tell me again how much basketball knowledge Wake fans have because Wake plays against Duke and Carolina who have won championships. If Ty Walker had the opportunities that Ish Smith had, he'd be a star in the NBA now. Congratulate yourselves for forcing him to gain experience elsewhere due to your brilliance of the importance of a 3 guard lineup. And your knowledge of how little talent a 7' 5 star recruit has.

Yes, those numbers for Ty Walker are real. Another TALENTED BIG wasted for four years at Wake while the brilliant peanut gallery prides themselves on basketball knowledge. Go ahead and excuse it however you want (ie, he's playing against midgets). He was treated like dog crap at Wake DURING THE WORST SEASONS IN HISTORY when we could have used some help - if he could only get off the bench. . . From the link:

"Earlier this summer Walker Ty participated at Tournoi de Tourcoing in France. He shined with 16.7 ppg, 11.4 rpg and 6.9 bpg for 5 games."

"He had 16 ppg, 16 rpg, 4.7 bpg and 3.7 spg for 3 games with the NBL team Hong Kong Bulls."

Now tell me again how much basketball knowledge Wake fans have because Wake plays against Duke and Carolina who have won championships. If Ty Walker had the opportunities that Ish Smith had, he'd be a star in the NBA now. Congratulate yourselves for forcing him to gain experience elsewhere due to your brilliance of the importance of a 3 guard lineup. And your knowledge of how little talent a 7' 5 star recruit has.
Is this a parody post and I'm falling for it?
I'm pretty sure I saw that when Bz came here he had a talk with Walker about being given the same opportunity to start as anyone else on the team. There were flashes of potential but I think overall he just did not look like he wanted to be out there or play with any discipline. Maybe Bz is not a good coach to groom a player but he had every opportunity to shine. I don't think it was the fan base that forced him to have the off the court issues. Maybe if he had applied himself better we would not have used a 3 guard line up.

Is this a parody post and I'm falling for it?
I'm pretty sure I saw that when Bz came here he had a talk with Walker about being given the same opportunity to start as anyone else on the team. There were flashes of potential but I think overall he just did not look like he wanted to be out there or play with any discipline. Maybe Bz is not a good coach to groom a player but he had every opportunity to shine. I don't think it was the fan base that forced him to have the off the court issues. Maybe if he had applied himself better we would not have used a 3 guard line up.

This is just another example Buzz's incompetence as a college basketball coach and leader of young men. If any of his players are going to mature into good citizens, they better have learned what they need to know before they get to Jeff [Redacted]. And the same goes for their basketball knowledge and skillset. If they don't have it before they get to Buzz, they sure won't have it after they leave. Even then, Buzz may well degrade what talent they already had.

BuzzOUT! Till he's gone...
WellmanOUT! The sooner the better...

Reading about our prior "thugs" made me curious how the season ended up for them. Not all of them are done with the season, but this is a good check-in point to see how the year went, I think.

Code:
Name	College	PPG	FG%	3FG%	RPG	APG	MPG	Record
Tucker	UTEP	10.3	38.6	39.5	1.7	1.5	30.8	18-13
ChennaultNova	3.6	35.5	28	1.7	1.5	18.5	20-13
Terrell	USC	11.7	37.2	36.2	2.1	0.8	27.9	14-18
Stewart	USC	3.4	31.1	23.9	1.8	0.2	10.9	18 games played
Tabb	Kent St	4.1	47.3		3.3	0.4	13.8	20-12
Woods	Oregon	9.8	52.7		3.8	0.5	21.8	24-8

JT finished the season strong after the coaching change. He was below 30% from the field when O'Neill got canned.

Woods was such a big loss for us. Everyone else... meh.

We would have been a much better team with JTT.

JTT was like 2 on SC top 10 recently for an amazing put back dunk.

Back