• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long PGA tour thread--the presidents cup from south korea

Rory on a roll today. five straight birdies now, 7 on the day has moved into a tie for 2nd

Gave one back on 8, but finished with a nice 66. Seems to be gaining confidence with the flat stick. If he can hit the range and tighten up the mid to short irons, think he might be a big mover tomorrow. Watch out Mr. Hoffman!

Not PGA, but Cyrus Stewart is 6 under through 12 at the Schenkel tournament in Georgia.

I'm tired of the us flag on 17 at pga tourneys. It's disrespectful to the flag and to those that have served. Just donate money to a good cause and get over the pomp bullshit

I'm tired of the us flag on 17 at pga tourneys. It's disrespectful to the flag and to those that have served. Just donate money to a good cause and get over the pomp bullshit

Disagree....and I served 23+ years..not disrespectful at all.

Wagner killin it today and managed to take 5 shots to get down from 58 feet away in the fairway..... Fired an 87 to keep DA Points out of DFL (for now at least). Points started Triple, bogey, quad, bogey

Damn, Johnson. He's just tuning up for Quail Hollow.

Wagner killin it today and managed to take 5 shots to get down from 58 feet away in the fairway..... Fired an 87 to keep DA Points out of DFL (for now at least). Points started Triple, bogey, quad, bogey

Morning wave avg'd a score of roughly 78.5, or about 7 strokes over. 78, 79 & 80 were very popular scores. Guess 25-35 mph winds and those huge, undulating greens don't mix very well.

Interesting to see pros hit it 240 off the tee into the wind cuz so many holes play north because the prevailing wind is normally from the south.

Season long PGA tour thread

it really is disrespectful to the flag, as the flag is technically not supposed to be represented or printed on anything at all other than US Flags or as a patch on military, police, fire, and patriotic uniforms. So using it as a golf hole pin is inappropriate and arguably disrespectful as well. Sure, honoring service is good so that's cool they can have them stand there and greet the players I just don't see that as really honoring service.

it really is disrespectful to the flag, as the flag is technically not supposed to be represented or printed on anything at all other than US Flags or as a patch on military, police, fire, and patriotic uniforms. So using it as a golf hole pin is inappropriate and arguably disrespectful as well. Sure, honoring service is good so that's cool they can have them stand there and greet the players I just don't see that as really honoring service.

Technically, you are correct when it comes to flag treatment rules. But it's gotten to the point where you unamurcan if you're in Congress if you're not wearing a flag lapel pin. We've totally gotten away from the technical rules. And when it comes to golf and the flag, then there's Woody Austin.

Birdsey is t37 after rounds of 73-74. Well on his way to making the cut in his first Tour start.

So, this happened for Badds yesterday:

blog-aaron-baddeley-0326.jpg

Was pretty surprised when I heard there had been only 1 hole in one on a Par 4 in PGA Tour history. It was by Andrew Magee, who got some help on that as his ball ricocheted off a putter from the group ahead.

Was pretty surprised when I heard there had been only 1 hole in one on a Par 4 in PGA Tour history. It was by Andrew Magee, who got some help on that as his ball ricocheted off a putter from the group ahead.

At least they caught that on video. Nobody was recording Baddeley's shot.

That got my interest peaked. Did a little digging and granted this is from 2008 but I'd guess that the info is still pretty close to the same today. I'm beyond surprised that #4 at Boston hasn't had one fall. 07 going for it had 87% of the field go for it. Hell I'd go for it, why not? Aim right, play a draw, worst comes to worst you're left with a fairly easy up and down from the trap, ball doesn't draw and you're left with a fairly straight forward bump and run.

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/2008-02/gw20080201shackelford?currentPage=2

Back