• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long PGA tour thread--the presidents cup from south korea

fat phil's short game is overrated.

Lately, that is definitively true. But I've always thought his short game, while occasionally amazing, has been a tad overrated, while his long game has been underrated.

Was watching a little of the Hassan II this a.m. and watching some of the Valero this afternoon and have seen some pretty bad chipping. In the Hassan II, 1 guy had a double Hitler and his playing partner had a Saddam Hussein on the same hole. That place is an interesting looking layout - think they said it is a RTJ, and the castle wall outlining the course is pretty cool looking. Both of these layouts have some serious undulations and look tough if you're chipping or hitting a bunker shot from the wrong place.

fat phil's short game is overrated.

The only this that he fuckin does is go aggressive after every single shot, including his short game...

He'll pull off the stupidest flop shot you can ever imagine, but then he'll chunk a straight forward wedge shot or skull a pitch

Jimmy Walker still doesn't suck. Impressive win and 1st time multiple winner this year. I like his game for each of this year's majors.

Jimmy Walker still doesn't suck. Impressive win and 1st time multiple winner this year. I like his game for each of this year's majors.

Of course he doesn't! Guy has a great game!

He should have three wins.. Blew it on 18 at Hyundai TOC. Guy is legit good

Walker might have the best swing on tour right now and he shows flashes of brilliance on the greens with mucho clutch putting when he's rested and not scuffling due to bad angles and rough after wayward tee shots. If Jimmah keeps his tee ball anywhere near the fairway, he can beat anyone, anywhere, any time. He should contend seriously for his first major after some good showings last year without really getting into the Sunday "heat" of contention. I like him at the Masters a lot, but his driving might get him into trouble. PGA may be a good fit with his long game and towering iron shots. Hell US Open could be a good fit for all the bombers since it will be windy, yet potentially soft (northwest US has never hosted an Open right?) and therefore super long.

Reifers might just retain his tour card this year. Tied for 11th this week (nice 4 under round on Sunday) and is up to the mid-60s on the money list. A couple more decent finishes and he should be fine. I root for him only because he's a Deac but does anyone on the board know the guy?

Yeah, I think Augusta and the 3 other major sites favor guys like Walker, Rory, DJ, Day and Bubba. Maybe Stenson too if he could putt well for 4 days, but that's a rare event. And Walker might be the best putter of that grouping.

Reifers might just retain his tour card this year. Tied for 11th this week (nice 4 under round on Sunday) and is up to the mid-60s on the money list. A couple more decent finishes and he should be fine. I root for him only because he's a Deac but does anyone on the board know the guy?

Roommates with Tin Cup

Good to see Kyle playing well. Looks like he is poised for a Top 10 where he is in the heat of contention come Sunday. Think he back-doored a top 10 at Northern Trust. He is obviously gaining confidence and his scoring avg (70.7) for the 328th ranked player in the world.

Go Kyle! Go Deacs!

Does he think he has any serious chance at Augusta when he hasn't played competitively in 2 months and when the last couple of tourneys he did play in he had the chip yips? If his game wasn't ready for Bay Hill or Houston, how the hell is it going to be ready for Augusta? Is he incapable of being honest with himself?

Back