• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Second half of the Season...

Bubbadeac

Reaction score
@ Duke
@ UNC-CHeat
Notre Dame
@ Clemson
Maryland
Vanderbilt...

Wake wins Duke, Cheaters, Maryland, Vandy...Wake loses Notre Dame & Clemson...Final Record 8-4 (6-2)...Good Bowl Game...I'll take it...

What say ye???

I say our boys better get and stay focused or they'll only win 1 or 2 more.

@ Duke
@ UNC-CHeat
Notre Dame
@ Clemson
Maryland
Vanderbilt...

Wake wins Duke, Cheaters, Maryland, Vandy...Wake loses Notre Dame & Clemson...Final Record 8-4 (6-2)...Good Bowl Game...I'll take it...

What say ye???

Should beat Duke and Vandy. Maryland, UNC, and Notre Dame are winnable. Don't see us winning in Clemson.

My goal at the beginning of the year was a bowl game. I think we can still do that. Would love to see us win 8.

8-4 would be an outstanding year and definitely show we're back on track as a program.

I know we all wish we had the Syracuse win. Oh well.

Four of the last six are definitely winnable games and perhaps we upset ND.

8-4 is what I predicted at the beginning of the year. Look it up.

8-4 is possible, but the reverse of that is possible too. This team needs to come out every week with a chip on its shoulder and play like they've got something to prove. If they do that, I think we'll be in great shape.

@ Duke W
@ UNC L
Notre Dame W
@ Clemson L
Maryland W
Vanderbilt W

8-4

In case you guys haven't noticed, Vandy is holding their own in the SEC this year. Don't chalk that up as an automatic W.

Vandy's passing attack is atrocious. They stayed in the game with Georgia on a bunch of gadget plays and a KO return.

We should beat them at home.

Vandy's passing attack is atrocious. They stayed in the game with Georgia on a bunch of gadget plays and a KO return. We should beat them at home.

Like we haven't stayed in some games and even won some games like that over the years, lol.

I could see us taking down UNC, Duke and Vandy (if we stay focused and don't take any of those teams for granted). Maryland is vastly improved now that they have that new QB that will most likely give us nightmares. Clempson is a loss and Notre Dame is probably a loss too.

Give me 6-6 and I am ok with this season, 7-5 and I am fairly happy. These guys deserve to go bowling after the improvement they have shown.

I say our boys better get and stay focused or they'll only win 1 or 2 more.

Agree. The changeover from quarter 1 to quarter 2 brought back memories of the second-half letdown against MD a few years back. This week is a time to show some maturity and discipline in practice, play a clean, smart game against Duke, and get a convincing win. No derailment, please! Part of being a solid team taking the good with the bad and continuing to work just as hard going forward.

Agree. The changeover from quarter 1 to quarter 2 brought back memories of the second-half letdown against MD a few years back. This week is a time to show some maturity and discipline in practice, play a clean, smart game against Duke, and get a convincing win. No derailment, please! Part of being a solid team taking the good with the bad and continuing to work just as hard going forward.

I know a couple of guys said something about a letdown after the 1st quarter last Saturday, but I just have a hard time believing that. One, that would be inexcusable and two, the momentum in that game seemed to turn on Tech completing their first long pass that set them up for their first touchdown. To me, that changed things, not that our players let up or something. Some of them might be saying that just trying to reason it out in their minds, but I don't think we letdown after 1 quarter and a 10 point lead. That being said, we can not let down against anybody left on our schedule, the only team we could afford to do that against this season we've already played. The key to what happens from here on out is the ability of our team to come out and play with great heart and effort every week. If there is a lesson to be learned from the Tech game, maybe that's it, but I still don't see that as the reason we lost last Saturday.

I agree with you about the Tech game, I think we bounced back pretty well in the second half from the demoralizing way the first half ended. I just don't want a general letdown in practice this week and against Duke. With the leaders on our team, I really don't think we will.

Six wins will be disappointing given how well the team has played thus far.

I would be happy with seven wins provided we don't get a crap bowl two time zones away.

Eight wins is achievable and is what I am predicting.

More than eight and Grobe is COY.

I could see us taking down UNC, Duke and Vandy (if we stay focused and don't take any of those teams for granted). Maryland is vastly improved now that they have that new QB that will most likely give us nightmares. Clempson is a loss and Notre Dame is probably a loss too.

Give me 6-6 and I am ok with this season, 7-5 and I am fairly happy. These guys deserve to go bowling after the improvement they have shown.

We are so much better against QBs that aren't mobile. I think we stand a much better chance if Danny O'Brien is the QB. I no longer think we'll win this game.

We are so much better against QBs that aren't mobile. I think we stand a much better chance if Danny O'Brien is the QB. I no longer think we'll win this game.

I won't go as far as to say I think we'll lose the Maryland game, but a mobile Maryland QB scares me more than O'Brien dispite what he did to us last year.

Back