• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Self Assessment - Did you run Apocalyptic in April? Or did you preach patience?

jaybone

Reaction score
Grading myself a B.

I did not embarrass myself a la a few of us as our collective panties bunched tighter and tighter all whilest the world economy cratered and the pandemic and home isolation burrowed into our souls.

I did make a few ill thought out posts recently I wish I could take back worried about Forbes' rear view mirror story to Goodman.

Leyritz and his FU Currie thread would be an interesting one to revisit. Patience is hard - I suppose is the kindest takeaway. And a lot of us fell into the trap of no expectation - expecting the worst, expecting Currie to be Wellman revisited.

Some of us have run a whipsaw 180 over the last six weeks, a few of us over a few days or on the same day (oft on the same thread!)

Honestly don't need to brag, but I give myself an A. A month ago I posted on The FU Currie thread and a couple of other ones why no decision or announcement had been made. I was challenged by some who said I was an alarmist and the Covid-19 would be over shortly and things would be back to normal shortly and Currie was an ass for not acting sooner. I furthermore said that as soon as it was possible Currie would fire DM and hire a good coach; glad I was tight. Now back to our regular programing.

Anyone that still cared enough to go apocalyptic at that point is a better fan than me and should be celebrated rather than castigated. That being said, I love the hire.

I got an F. I slowly lost my shit and even said I was done with Wake basketball.

I flipped shit that Currie didn’t fire Manning, i get a D.

Like many, I gave Currie a year to rectify the problems with the basketball program. He has fulfilled my expectations and to the best of his ability has done so with transparency and openness and in the expected time frame. The future of Wake Forest basketball is much brighter today than it was a week ago.

I give myself an F for how I judged Currie- I thought he was in over his head and scarred by the Tenn. football search. Boy, was I wrong. I also freaked out out Tommy Amaker but I don't feel bad about that. I do give myself an A plus in recognizing that Firing Manning in the middle of a Pandemic was actually an advantage for us and that some team was going to be aggressive and end up getting a real winner while others were going to be conservative and loss ground. I still can't believe that WFU was the most aggressive school out of everybody in the nation. Again, great job John Currie.

Like many, I gave Currie a year to rectify the problems with the basketball program. He has fulfilled my expectations and to the best of his ability has done so with transparency and openness and in the expected time frame. The future of Wake Forest basketball is much brighter today than it was a week ago.

Yep

Back