• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA) Says He Won't Run for Governor

Thought he'd run in '08 for pres so not surprised to see him run in '16.

I'd likely vote for him for Prez. A Warner vs Christie contest would be great

Thought he'd run in '08 for pres so not surprised to see him run in '16.

His public reasoning back then was that he didn't want to put his high school age daughters through a national campaign. That shouldn't be a problem in '16.

He's too wooden and uncharismatic to get the nomination. Add to that he has been and will continue to be an important person in the senate in getting deals done. Hope he stays there.

Though I'm happy he's staying in the senate, that sets up prolly the worst choice for governor in the history of the country next year - McAuliffe v. Cuccinelli. A complete clown versus someone who is as enlightened as Todd Akin.

Personally I think he should run for POTUS, wgaf about VA gov?

If Hillary runs, no one of note will challenge her.

Deval Patrick (if he's not AG) would be Scott Broiwn.

Hillary's star is getting brighter and five minutes ago she announced a ceasefire in Gaza.

If Hillary runs a Republican will be our president in 2016.

If Hillary runs a Republican will be our president in 2016.

It will be a LANDSLIDE!
Dick_Morris.jpg

Are governors not allowed to run for re-election in Virginia? Seems like that might be the case, but I'm not sure.

I wonder what McDonnell is going to do next if that is the case?

They cannot serve consecutive terms.

McDonnell prob could be an RNC chair, he prob thinks he could be POTUS but I disagree.

C'mon, Governor Vaginal Probe could easily get the women's vote....

Back